• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant wasp!

It came in and buzzed around the light. Turned the main light off, and it went and hid. About an hour later, it suddenly reappeared. Light off again, and now it's hiding again

Bet it's waiting for its mates or something

Comment

When I was a student, I worked one summer as a gardener in a hospital. During that time, I was stung by wasps four times, having never been stung before.

I returned to my student house in Leicester once the job was done, thinking I would make sure never to get stung by a wasp again. On my first morning back I awoke, climbed out of bed, and shoved my feet into my slippers. A wasp had crept into the right one overnight, and stung my big toe

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning

Comment

Another half day for me today. Got some jobs to do and I'm enlisting youngest to help

wash car
            sort out the garden
            weekly food shop.

Comment

Trying to get the energy to go swimming. I swam 3.8km yesterday.

Comment

Chucking down out there. Was going to cycle to clientCo today, but think I'll stick to the car.

Guessing it'll be a return of the mud for tomorrow's parkrun.

Comment

Morning.

Another fun filled morning.

Woken by ZeitMater faffing about in the bathroom at about 02:30, then couldn't go back to sleep.

At 06:30, ZeitMater falls over in bathroom just to make me later than I already was, having been woken up by the alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I awoke, climbed out of bed, and shoved my feet into my slippers. A wasp had crept into the right one overnight, and stung my big toe
                    <-Lizardly, no tongues Thank your lucky stars we don't have scorpions in this country.

Comment

Giant wasp!
                      That's a queen. Looking for somewhere to build a nice nest.

Just ate a large slice of very chocolatey birthday cake. Can't let it go to waste!
                      Queen wasps can smell chocolate cake from a mile away.

Comment

Working...
                      X