• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    a little over 2 hours for myself. I'm finishing today at 12.30
    Lucky, lucky b'stard!

I'm having a shortened lunchbreak to leave at 16:00 to get to see GF#1. It's still going to be tight - I even have to fill up with petrol.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      How's the windmill?
      Visible, but ghostly. Turning lazily.

Comment

Dinner booked at a new fish restaurant, am hoping its good, but in many cases with cloggy dining, disappointment is always prevalent. Heck, even some of the Michelin star places here are pants!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Dinner booked at a new fish restaurant, am hoping its good, but in many cases with cloggy dining, disappointment is always prevalent. Heck, even some of the Michelin star places here are pants!
          Foxlow on Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Foxlow on Tuesday
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Foxlow?

Is that some sort of code word like "the swallows fly backwards in Sweden, tovarich"?

Just asking like.

In other news:

Bored.

Now.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

In other news:

Bored.

Now.
                WHS.

Yesterday's P1 emergency fizzled out into nothing once someone worked out that you need to turn on a server to back it up.

All of my changes are awaiting change management...

Time to keep head down and keep invoicing for a few more hours I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Yep, the Dutch are about as interested in good food as I am, i.e. not

They really know how to make gravy and boiled spuds though

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Yep, the Dutch are about as interested in good food as I am, i.e. not

They really know how to make gravy and boiled spuds though
                    I must correct you Mr Fitz; they know how to stir powdered 'gravy' into a pan of hot water.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I've confirmed that I don't need to waste money on Michelin starred restaurants. We've tried a 1 star and a 2 star and my wife didn't like either. She's a bit picky with food, and it seems that to get a Michelin star it's not enough to cook good food well, instead you have to do something a bit weird.

So next anniversary I guess it will be McD's instead!

Comment

Working...
                      X