• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Learned congregation, what are the recommendations for a good knife set
    I got Global, GF#1 has Wüsthof which are really nice.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Global knives are supposed to be good.
      They're not that great, tend to lose their edge very quickly.

I've had Henkels professional for the last couple of years but am hankering after some Japanese chef knives. I still have rather a few sabatier professional ( it's what I got duringmy chef course), the boning knife is really good.

To be honest don't splurge unless you're a serious cook, get summat good and sharpen it every time you use it. Certain veg and fruit will blunt it really quickly. Two knives are enough.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I only use Hattori Hanzo blades

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          They're not that great, tend to lose their edge very quickly.

I've had Henkels professional for the last couple of years but am hankering after some Japanese chef knives. I still have rather a few sabatier professional ( it's what I got duringmy chef course), the boning knife is really good.

To be honest don't splurge unless you're a serious cook, get summat good and sharpen it every time you use it. Certain veg and fruit will blunt it really quickly. Two knives are enough.
          WNS+1

I've got a set of WMF knives that I picked up for cheap and are still going strong after 15 years. Just sharpen them when they get used. Saying that I've got a couple of old plastic handled Kitchen Devil knives that are even older and still take a good edge when you sharpen them.

Chefs Knife

and a vegetable knife

will do pretty much everything you need between them.

In fact I use the chefs knife almost to the exclusion of anything else unless it's a fiddly job like boning a chicken or something. I actually find the larger knife easier to handle.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

In other news the local Lego shop has the Lego Simpsons mini figures in stock. Mr burns and binky will be on my client co desk tomorrow.

Clear desk policy? Well I understand the concept
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I wish I was still married. JUst had to sew up a hole in my shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                WNS+1

I've got a set of WMF knives that I picked up for cheap and are still going strong after 15 years. Just sharpen them when they get used. Saying that I've got a couple of old plastic handled Kitchen Devil knives that are even older and still take a good edge when you sharpen them.

Chefs Knife

and a vegetable knife

will do pretty much everything you need between them.

In fact I use the chefs knife almost to the exclusion of anything else unless it's a fiddly job like boning a chicken or something. I actually find the larger knife easier to handle.
                +1 their stuff is pretty fantastic all around...
                Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I wish I was still married. JUst had to sew up a hole in my shorts.
                  You need to go back to contracting and just buy a new pair
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                    You need to go back to contracting and just buy a new pair
                    And he can pick up some shorts while he's at it.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      And he can pick up some shorts while he's at it.
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X