• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZeitMater is currently scraping the meat dish to get every last morsel of gravy out of it.

The fridge tends to get full of little pots with remnants of gravy & fat.

Which I then give to the birdies.

Birdies don't think much of gravy, but they do like fat.

Comment

Zero appetite, but if someone stuck a nice roast dinner in front of me, I'm sure I could be tempted to eat it.

But with footie on the telly all afternoon that's about as likely to happen as winning the lottery.

Comment

Just bought a 4TB NAS drive from Maplin.

Now I need to drive down there to collect it. Do you think they'll object if I show up in dressing gown and slippers?

Comment

I had rice krispies for lunch instead. Think I may go for a postprandial nap.

Comment

I ventured forth to Maplin. Now copying stuff off the 2TB drive that's been playing up a bit too much for my liking

I noticed that, when driving across the city nowadays, I track my route by mentally ticking off good pubs that are no longer there. The way things are going, they'll be able to make a marathon course out of them before too long

Comment

"Copying 57 items. About 5 hours." And that's over Ethernet

Ah well, still quicker than ripping the DVDs all over again

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                But with footie on the telly all afternoon that's about as likely to happen as winning the lottery.
                One match finished, just waiting to watch the start of the Grand Prix and then I'll switch over for the next match.

Perfect Sunday afternoon

Comment

452GB. It went down to 4 hours fairly quickly, so it's copying at about 100GB/hour, if its estimates prove accurate.

Comment

I was supposed to go round to mother's to work out why her telly won't change channels, but think this cold would likely finish her off, so staying away. "Don't worry, I'll call out Virgin Media", she says. Last time she did this, the telly wasn't working because she'd used the wrong buttons and moved it off the HDMI1 channel, so I assumed it would be the same issue.

Talked her through looping though the different AV channels until she got to HDMI1. This took about 30 minutes, and included locating the TV buttons, which I'd hidden after last time. Having got there, she said "Oh, yes, that's what I was watching a minute ago." OK, says I, now try the Virgin Media buttons. "No, " she says, "I still can't change channel". Is the light on on the Tivo box? "I can't see - there's stuff in front of it".

Having moved the crap from in front of the box channel changing works beautifully.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      I was supposed to go round to mother's to work out why her telly won't change channels, but think this cold would likely finish her off, so staying away. "Don't worry, I'll call out Virgin Media", she says. Last time she did this, the telly wasn't working because she'd used the wrong buttons and moved it off the HDMI1 channel, so I assumed it would be the same issue.

Talked her through looping though the different AV channels until she got to HDMI1. This took about 30 minutes, and included locating the TV buttons, which I'd hidden after last time. Having got there, she said "Oh, yes, that's what I was watching a minute ago." OK, says I, now try the Virgin Media buttons. "No, " she says, "I still can't change channel". Is the light on on the Tivo box? "I can't see - there's stuff in front of it".

Having moved the crap from in front of the box channel changing works beautifully.

Comment

Working...
                      X