• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I'm aiming to be at the Counting House for 5:30 which means leaving by 5:00 so they've got an hour and a half to remember they're supposed to be interviewing me.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      If they are calling you, do the interview in the pub.

What could possibly go wrong
      Not the worst idea ever

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Not the worst idea ever
        On speaker phone
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Over an hour later now

I don't think they're going to call.

I've been using this time to apply for other gigs, in an attempt to bring Sod's Law into action.

I realise that by attempting to use Sod's Law I'm ensuring that it won't apply

I wish I was in the pub already

Comment

Oh good, EndClientCo's owner corporation has its own group-wide analytics tracking stuff, which nobody had remembered would need to be in there.

I am now going through the templates retro-fitting awful SiteCatalyst code, approximately four hours after the site went live

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              Over an hour later now

I don't think they're going to call.

I've been using this time to apply for other gigs, in an attempt to bring Sod's Law into action.

I realise that by attempting to use Sod's Law I'm ensuring that it won't apply

I wish I was in the pub already
              Call them / the agent?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Call them / the agent?
                I will, tomorrow. I don't have time to speak to them now anyway, I'm eating a sandwich to fill in until I order food in the pub

Comment

Finally got round to doing last month's expenses. Got to update my CV now - an agent who's landed me a couple of decent gigs in the past got in touch with a two-monther at a company just a couple of miles from home, starting immediately, which could be handy if (as I expect) CurrentClientCo don't need me any more now the site's live.

I was hoping for a bit of a break, but if the work's there a short distance away, it seems foolish not to take it

Having said that, they may look at my CV and dump it straight in the shredder

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Finally got round to doing last month's expenses. Got to update my CV now - an agent who's landed me a couple of decent gigs in the past got in touch with a two-monther at a company just a couple of miles from home, starting immediately, which could be handy if (as I expect) CurrentClientCo don't need me any more now the site's live.

I was hoping for a bit of a break, but if the work's there a short distance away, it seems foolish not to take it

Having said that, they may look at my CV and dump it straight in the shredder
                    Sounds perfect

Comment

wow, the smog is quite bad out there...
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X