• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

Snot monster calling.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Finally managed to find that elusive kitchen table

We won't get it for another 10 weeks
      Does it come with a free allen key?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Morning

got a bit of a bad head. tooooooo much booze last night.
          Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all.

Snot monster calling.
          Everybody's falling apart at the seams

Comment

Looks like I will be getting some work in today, which all helps add to the invoice I suppose

I felt like toast this morning and decided to use the toaster. As it hadn't been used in ages, I also decided to clean out the crumb tray. I ended up spending about twenty minutes cleaning the whole apparatus. It's white now, rather than a greasy kind of grey, and I reckon all the crumbs I got out of it (most of which came from turning it upside down and banging it on the worktop, rather than from the crumb tray) would, if reconstituted, make two full slices of bread.

I'm pretty sure the last time it was cleaned was about 2002, so I wasn't really surprised by any of this

I still haven't had any toast, as the bread turned out to be seriously stale - it was over a week old. Chucking it out reminded me that the kitchen bin needed emptying, which led to the discovery that I was out of bin liners as well as bread, so in the end I jumped in the car and went to Sainsbury's. And now its too late for breakfast, and I'm hungry but don't feel like eating anything because I've got heartburn, because I forgot to take my anti-heartburn tablet last night.

So I, too, am falling apart at the seams; but I have a very clean toaster

Comment

Afternoon

Went out on the bike this morning. Solo ride as the club run was cancelled. Almost 5 hours in total (including cake stop and a couple of navigation checks)

Finally got home and check the bike computer and it reckoned I'd only done 35 Miles. In 5 Hours. And I'm knackered.

Subsequent checks reveal the battery on the sender unit is going and it's only picking up every other or so rotation of the wheel. Actual distance was 66 miles, which is what it felt like, especially into the wind on the way home.

Rewarded myself with Eggs and Salsa
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Still quicker than AtW's sofa

Comment

In other news, I'm sitting out in the garden watching the football on the iPad with a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Does it come with a free allen key?
                    Ah.
                    No.
                    Ted.

Proper grown up furniture, we've ordered.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      In other news, I'm sitting out in the garden watching the football on the iPad with a beer.

That's nice. Mr ms has just drawn the curtains as the sun interferes with his viewing enjoyment.

Comment

Working...
                      X