• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon

Last night was a fantastic meal, not only was the meal fabulous, but we got a seat at the "chefs table" where we could watch the chefs at work which was awesome. Not only that but they gave me a mini chocolate cake for my birthday and I got to meet the head chef as well.

Am still a tad bleary eyed this morning, considering we drank enough booze to sink a small ship (7 courses, 7 wines, champagne and cocktails).

Now excuse me whilst I eat my (belated) birthday cake for lunch.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Afternoon

Last night was a fantastic meal, not only was the meal fabulous, but we got a seat at the "chefs table" where we could watch the chefs at work which was awesome. Not only that but they gave me a mini chocolate cake for my birthday and I got to meet the head chef as well.

Am still a tad bleary eyed this morning, considering we drank enough booze to sink a small ship (7 courses, 7 wines, champagne and cocktails).

Now excuse me whilst I eat my (belated) birthday cake for lunch.
      Excellent! I had a fried egg sandwich for tea

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Excellent! I had a fried egg sandwich for tea
        You're such a classy bird
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'm done. 'Night

Comment

morning

Comment

Off today, but up early. Plan is to hit Tesco by 7am

Comment

Morning

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Pretty much done all my xmas dinner shopping.

Off to the organic farmers market in Den Haag this arvo for the veg, picking up the champers from the wine shop.

Tomorrow, only need to pick up bagels for xmas day breakfast ( to pair with the smoked salmon I got in the 'ould sod) and the madeira wine to go with the cheese course.

So the menu looks like this:

Shrimp bisque served with a Chassagne montrachet 2007
                  Rack of venison with a black pudding crust, squash puree and carrot and parsnip mash with a red wine jus served with a Chateau Brown bordeaux 2004
                  Various cheeses served with a 1996 verdehlo colheita

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning!

Big cooking weekend: upsidedown gingerbread reindeer biscuits, Harveys Lemon Tart (bit burnt as eggs didn't set first time), sticky toffee pudding, Heston's whisky gums, cinnamon ice cream and mulled wine sorbet.

All pressies wrapped, cards written and in bloody work today on my birthday. and there's virtually nobody around...

Lovely empty roads today - getting to work was like being on a racetrack! Storm tonight so not so pleasant.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Morning all.

Last of the shopping done. Butchers and green grocers then supermarket for the rest.

Spiced parsnip soup

Pressed belly of pork with cauliflower puree, pan fried cauliflower, vegetable parcel, and sprouts sautéed with smoked bacon.

Christmas filo ring with vanilla ice-cream.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X