• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I am using a virtual machine, inside which I'm using IE8 to access a WebVPN, which I'm then using to remote desktop (still in the browser) into a machine at clientco.

Because I'm a masochist

It's not the bestest way to develop stuff

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      I wonder if at 4 deg C, there's some sort of intake icing taking place before there's enough engine heat to stop it happening.
      Hmm, strange that it would be icing at 4 degrees, unless some phenomenon gets the intakes below 0 degrees. Maybe you understand this better than I. Perhaps a significant amount of moisture gathers somewhere, perhaps in the cylinder or cylinder head itself. What happens is that it starts, very rough with shaking and white smoke/steam and seems to be running on 5 cylinders, and won't idle. After a bit of revving it runs smoother. Then stop, start again with some warth in the engine and everything's fine. Can't be a cracked cylinder head is it would surely get worse as the engine heats up; it gets better. Can't be moisture in the distributor cap because it doesn't have a distributor cap; it has coil-on-plug distributorless ignition.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Yeah, planes with carb heat mechanisms to prevent carb icing - aviator noobies often assume that it is when the temp is at freezing they need to do this. Sometimes, it's high humidity at higher temperatures up to 30 deg C (latent heat of vaporization of fuel causes cooling and ice forming on the carb inlet). Or summink.
        Aha! Maybe Zeity's right about the icing of inlets!

Hmmm, <scratches chin>, what's to be done about this then?

Comment

So it looks like the website others are developing is just about acceptable until you look at the edge cases.

Unfortunately I think there are an awful lot of edge cases.....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Aha! Maybe Zeity's right about the icing of inlets!

Hmmm, <scratches chin>, what's to be done about this then?
            dunno.

Engine's not hot so there's no heat to put in the inlet.

Plus I've just realised that the fuel is injected on the back of the inlet valve, so it can't be the classic carb icing since it ain't got a carb in the first place.

Comment

It's all quiet on the western front.

The little gits have all buggered off to another lecture.

Peace, perfect peace.

Comment

Tiddley pom ti pom.

Come on then, if you think you're 'ard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Tiddley pom ti pom.

Come on then, if you think you're 'ard enough.
                  Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

At least the Daimler's more reliable thatn HP QC, which has crashed a-bloody-gain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      At least the Daimler's more reliable thatn HP QC, which has crashed a-bloody-gain.
                      I did get approached about a testing job at HP. I wonder how they log their defects...

Comment

Working...
                      X