• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Very foggy now, more so than when I drove to work. The factory opposite, less than 100 metres away, has disappeared in the space of 10 minutes.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        One of the BA's I work with refuses to get into this level - says it is too technical and this should be done in the micro design...

so the requirements are like

"We need a system which must work"

"We need a system which must allow users to press buttons"

Oh and apparently that is the most important part taking 60-70 % of the project time.

So the detailed design, build, test etc only takes 30%-40%..

Good Morning cukers

This one just seems to either promise things and not document them or repeats requests regardless of the impossibility of doing the requested task.

My favourite bit was taking a technical design spec, rewriting it while adding additional work and not telling anyone of the changes....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Very foggy now, more so than when I drove to work. The factory opposite, less than 100 metres away, has disappeared in the space of 10 minutes.
          Bright and sunny here.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning!

Very foggy here and loadsa traffic. Took me almost twice as long to get in. Leathers covered in condensation. Not suite so but need more sleep. Now on the green teas to see if that makes a difference.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Bored.

Now.

And this piece of PIC software isn't working right.

And I can't see why not.

Ho hum.

The simulator says it ought to go, but the hardware seems to disagree.

Ho very hum.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                And this piece of PIC software isn't working right.

And I can't see why not.
                Mostly coz the keypress handler was full of bugs.

It works now.

But only if you realise that key 1 is in the middle, key 2 is on the right and key 3 is on the left.

That was so clever(?) I confused myself.

Comment

HP QC aaarrrrrggghhhhh

Comment

It's sad when the clientco office is more Christmassy looking than my dark, empty house.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Right, now I'm going to do fook all until I go home because HP QC wanky tulipty stupid overpriced useless piece of turd tool has crashed, and when I log in again it's locked all my objects and tells me 'Object locked by user MTT'. Advice from resident QC 'expert' on detachment from HP; 'try it again tomorrow'.

Comment

Working...
                      X