• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Update: Friday 25th Oct

Well, everyone's now on stop and enjoying a packet of crisps and some Rolos whilst they wait for their mate to turn up with a new flue liner as they've managed to snap the first one.

Still, at least the drilling has stopped.

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Their boss has just turned up to find out what they're up to.

Just heard the first mutterings of "might not get it all done today..."

Comment

Have you heard the sucking of teeth yet?

That's never a good sign.

Comment

Conf Call done.

Just found out Raymond Blanc has all his Brasserie recipes online in one place. Might be time for a peruse....
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Hmmmm, they're back on the roof again with a new flue.

2 extra bods have been drafted in and I think one of them might actually have done this type of work before.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Hmmmm, they're back on the roof again with a new flue.

2 extra bods have been drafted in and I think one of them might actually have done this type of work before.

Fingers crossed.
                Do any of them look like this?

Comment

Semi serious question. Do I have any liability if one of these numpties falls off (or through) my roof?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Semi serious question. Do I have any liability if one of these numpties falls off (or through) my roof?

Nope, their employer does.

Comment

The comedy continues.

Flue is now in (ish)

The bit of marble that was to be installed under the fireplace is 60mm too short

The order says 660mm, the delivery note says 660mm, the tape measure says that this is a lie.

Soooo, we're on stop until Tuesday when the new piece will arrive. Unfortunately, I'm at client site until Thursday so it won't be finished until Friday. and will be installed on Wednesday
                      Last edited by Pondlife; 25 October 2013, 15:17.

Comment

Working...
                      X