• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another week.

Soon be Christmas.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Clientco is in a right state. The permies just dont give a flying ***** and have missed the last 4 deliveries.

The PM is trying to maneuver one of them out the door
      how popular is the permie on maneuvers?

That could partly explain the lack of deliveries as the permies want the PM out instead.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        how popular is the permie on maneuvers?

That could partly explain the lack of deliveries as the permies want the PM out instead.
        The permie is not very popular but has a "different" approach to testing their code that doesnt work and fails every release and is reluctant to change.

Comment

The permie is not very popular but has a "different" approach to testing their code that doesnt work and fails every release and is reluctant to change.
          And the pm is simply maneuvering him?

Offloaded to running manual tests would be a safer option

Comment

And the pm is simply maneuvering him?

Offloaded to running manual tests would be a safer option
            Correct - he is trying to give him some high level work away from the code.

Comment

Afternoon!

Legs and arms are very painful - was moving boxes all weekend, DIYing and trying to get GF#1's new home all shipshape.

She was delighted when the first signs of civilisation made an appearance: broadband and a working kettle!

Must get a contract soon as I've noticed my bank balance is decidedly unhealthy. Problem is, I have absolutely no interest in coding any more. Perhaps I should get a job on the local council and alleviate the boredom by thinking about recipes all day?
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                Afternoon!

Legs and arms are very painful - was moving boxes all weekend, DIYing and trying to get GF#1's new home all shipshape.

She was delighted when the first signs of civilisation made an appearance: broadband and a working kettle!

Must get a contract soon as I've noticed my bank balance is decidedly unhealthy. Problem is, I have absolutely no interest in coding any more. Perhaps I should get a job on the local council and alleviate the boredom by thinking about recipes all day?
                I have never had an interest in coding. I have a vague interest occasionally in the products I finish or help create but beyond that I only want the money.....

Comment

I have never had an interest in coding. I have a vague interest occasionally in the products I finish or help create but beyond that I only want the money.....
                  WES

I have zero interest in it. I see it as a means to an end.

Comment

general is so tedious these days. when are they going to feed the trolls some fresh meat?

Comment

WES

I have zero interest in it. I see it as a means to an end.
                      I used to love it - fully immersed myself in the tech, read everything about it, coded everything I could, worked on some big contracts....

...now the flame of passion is all but extinguished.

As you both say, it's a means to an end and I can't really afford to do anything else.

So, it's back to JS and reading some more IT books.

Can someone pay my mortgage off and make me feel happier?!?
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X