• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Suicide doesn't work; you're already a permie.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You're a permie. Suicide is only permitted with line manager approval, or when it's done on your own time.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        You're a permie. Suicide is only permitted with line manager approval, or when it's done on your own time.
        I am the line manager, so

Must add a new skill set to my CV - herding cats
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I am the line manager, so

Must add a new skill set to my CV - herding cats
          My first week in current contract, I'd inherited someone else's workflow escalation code. I'd made some changes to the timer logic, but forgotten to assign it back to the actual timer, so effectively it escalated instantly. Over and over, looking in AD for each person's line manager. Managed to send a misspelt (my predecessor's spelling!) email to about 10 increasingly senior managers before it finally got to head honcho and fell over because it couldn't find his manager.

Comment

Morning
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning zzzz
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The permies are all offsite today planning next years stuff. Due to the fact that I'll be out of here in a couple of weeks, I have declined to attend

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      My first week in current contract, I'd inherited someone else's workflow escalation code. I'd made some changes to the timer logic, but forgotten to assign it back to the actual timer, so effectively it escalated instantly. Over and over, looking in AD for each person's line manager. Managed to send a misspelt (my predecessor's spelling!) email to about 10 increasingly senior managers before it finally got to head honcho and fell over because it couldn't find his manager.
                      That's one of my examples that I use in my Workflow training course

(Not the bit about changing the timer, but not checking the number of times to escalate and ending up failing because the top boss has no supervisor)
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X