• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    The other thing is I'm sick of the bureaucracy and red tape in banking. I want to work with some cool stuff again but it takes so long for stuff to go through internal security testing that projects get canned because they'll take to long to get signed off. I used to work at places where someone would say, "Oh look, new version of jQuery is out. Lets whack it up on UAT and get Testing to do a healthcheck."

Here it would take months, possibly years to do the same thing with countless departments having their say, mostly to justify their existence.
    you may enjoy If it’s not broke, break it: How David Marcus is dismantling PayPal to save it | PandoDaily
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      The other thing is I'm sick of the bureaucracy and red tape in banking. I want to work with some cool stuff again but it takes so long for stuff to go through internal security testing that projects get canned because they'll take to long to get signed off. I used to work at places where someone would say, "Oh look, new version of jQuery is out. Lets whack it up on UAT and get Testing to do a healthcheck."

Here it would take months, possibly years to do the same thing with countless departments having their say, mostly to justify their existence.
      +1. Which is why I am going to move to North Wales. Its all bean counters now - no-one understands IB. The issue is that all the banks are too large.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        +1. Which is why I am going to move to North Wales. Its all bean counters now - no-one understands IB. The issue is that all the banks are too large.
        What are you going to do in North Wales ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Count sheep?
          Join IPSE

Comment

Count sheep; much more challenging than beans. Unless they're jumping beans of course.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What do you do when presented with a problem that not even google knows the answer to?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                What do you do when presented with a problem that not even google knows the answer to?
                Make the answer up. If google doesnt know the answer then your solution is right. FACT.

Comment

Make the answer up. If google doesnt know the answer then your solution is right. FACT.
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Its raining now and I'm wondering if it was wise to come to work in shorts and t-shirt

Comment

Not quite:

Add question to stackoverflow

Get mate to write your solution down as the solution to the problem.

Then if no one else comments you have both fixed the problem and set up your solution as best practice...

Ironically at previous clientco we discovered that a previous contractor had done exactly that.
                      Last edited by eek; 13 August 2013, 16:31.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X