• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

proggy
    TykeLike
    Oh dear

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
      Just been told by the PM he's not happy I have my headphones in
      Just as well you aren't being paid based on his happiness.

I hope you just said "Sorry, I can't hear you - got my headphones on!"
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Oh dear
        Tell me about it
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Now I've not actually read all 3271 pages, but I think I get the idea

I wanted to join the 'my client is the most daft/inept/just plain stupid' discussion. Mine has the added twist that I was a contractor then permie and now going back to contractor.

Long story short my current (for the next week) employer changed from waterfall to agile 8 months into the (complex) project, but we're not to tell the end-client

Next the 'managers' running the show decide to make their CV's look more appealing by adding 'interfaces/facades/other pointless code'. So now to do anything you have to write it 8 times (we already had UI/WCF/SOAP/DAL).

Then I'm disciplined for pointing out the comms are crap and the project is going to overrun big time.

Don't expect the next lot will be any better but at least I'll getting a wedge for putting up with it.

rant over

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            Long story short my current (for the next week) employer changed from waterfall to agile 8 months into the (complex) project, but we're not to tell the end-client
            Ummm...doesn't that make the Product Owner role a bit...umm...difficult?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              No, he's about as much fun as the third week of dyssentry. Besides, he asked to be permabanned, so why is he still here?
              It's like pulling the legs off flies.

So much more fun if you leave a couple.

Comment

What made me laugh the most was the 'advice' had come from (highly paid permie) 'Agile evangelist' who suggested that it was as a nice introduction of Agile to the team (most of whom had already encountered Agile)

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Just been told by the PM he's not happy I have my headphones in
                  What's wrong with that?

I worked for a twat who stopped me listening to my walkman.

Apparently my giggling annoyed him. (Listening to Blaster Bates etc.).

It didn't improve productivity a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                    tell him you're on a uber long conf call ?

Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                      What made me laugh the most was the 'advice' had come from (highly paid permie) 'Agile evangelist' who suggested that it was as a nice introduction of Agile to the team (most of whom had already encountered Agile)
                      Those people will lead to the end of Agile. I like Agile but I hate Agile consultants.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X