• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been asking clientco for a piece of kit so I can continue with the work I've been asked to do.

So far it been 7 days and the kit still hasn't come and I'm blocked, so im scratching around looking for stuff to do.

Comment

Morgen

Doing me cloggy homework for me course

Best get cracking.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        LM335 is a sort of temperature sensitive zener, calibrated in K(elvin). 10mV per K, so give 2.98V @25 C.

LM35 is a sort of temperature sensitive constant current thingie. 10mV per C, 0 at 0 C, 250mV @ 25 C.

Treating one like the other doesn't work terribly well.

So it didn't blow up as its only received 250mv instead of the 2.98v expected.

That's a shame explosions are always fun.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hmmm, bored

Comment

That Darwin thread was amusing for a while but it's quietened down a bit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              Never trust a lizard to supply you with the correct components
              Very wise, especially if you haven't seen him put his glasses on to read wot's rit on the thing you wanted.

Originally posted by eek View Post
              So it didn't blow up as its only received 250mv instead of the 2.98v expected.

That's a shame explosions are always fun.
              I think it would get rather hot, having compared the two devices.

As for working, I rather think that whatever voltage you got out of it would be unrelated to the ambient temperature.

Comment

Im proper bored now

Comment

today has been a wasted day while waiting for kit to be installed

Comment

eldest child wants me to go jogging with her this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      eldest child wants me to go jogging with her this evening.
                      Im not too keen although its for a good cause.

Comment

Working...
                      X