• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I can't remember - from Waitrose Fine Wine section - red French...I'll have to go home.

I made some fried chicken last week - even used "11 herbs and spices" lol - was lovely.

Can you remember what the spices were?

Need to pop out to the market, might make some fish soup today, that should keep me occupied for 5 hours
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Can you remember what the spices were?

Need to pop out to the market, might make some fish soup today, that should keep me occupied for 5 hours
      Salt, black pepper, white pepper, cayenne, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, sugar. I think.

I don't use egg in the batter mix, just plain flour but I make sure it's seasoned with plenty of salt/garlic powder/onion powder. And chicken thighs, not breast.

Let me know if you have any norrahe cooking secrets to improve above!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Salt, black pepper, white pepper, cayenne, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, sugar. I think.

I don't use egg in the batter mix, just plain flour but I make sure it's seasoned with plenty of salt/garlic powder/onion powder. And chicken thighs, not breast.

Will give that a go.

Just got my fish soup on.

Another four hours to go.......... Its a recipe from a chef mate who used to make it in his restaurant.

2kg fish bones including heads
        2 onions
        8 carrots
        1 head celery
        2 leeks
        2kg ripe tomatoes
        2 large spoons tom puree
        1 jar passatta
        1 red chilli
        Thyme
        2 bay leaves
        Juice of 2 large oranges
        500ml red wine
        500ml white wine
        100 ml pernod

Cut up the fish bones if necessary leave the heads whole. Coat in seasoned flour and fry ensuring you get lots of colour. Place the bones in a sieve to drain away the fat.
        In a massive pan sweat the onions, carrots, celery and leeks with no colour then add the tomatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes. Add the chilli and herbs the add tom puree and cook for ¾ mins. Then add all the booze and let it reduce by at least half. Once reduced add the oj and passatta, then add fish bones and add enough water to just cover. Turn onto a low heat at let it simmer for at least 4 hours constantly skimming any crap off it.
        Once cooked we usually put through a fine ricer and you can just blitz it which I have been doing recently and quite like it.
        Once all this is done if too thin put back on heat to reduce until you hit required consistency. Adjust seasoning add a little lemon juice and enjoy!!!

you may want to reduce the quantities somewhat as that's enough to make about 20 litres of soup.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Chicken wings, that's how I would improve it

Rather than put garlic powder in , put whole crushed garlic into the oil, flavours it nicely.

Need to get some dried oregano.

I'd also add aromat.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Will give that a go.

Just got my fish soup on. <snip>
            Wow! That's an excellent looking soup recipe - I'm going to try that this weekend - thanks very much for posting that up norrahe.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Wow! That's an excellent looking soup recipe - I'm going to try that this weekend - thanks very much for posting that up norrahe.
              Quarter it down to get a reasonable home made recipe.

If you can get whole prawns or crayfish I like to add them as they add bags of flavour.

Rather than using fish bones, I use whole fish ( not oily).

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I've just batted away an issue raised in test. I ran the tests in my dev environment and no problems.

All in all its been a good week

Comment

I had better submit my invoice when I get home. I never sent one last week so its a double roll over

Comment

There we are; £1000 of someone else's money duly spent.

It's taken all day to produce the purchase orders.

And it'll take yonks for said orders to grind slowly through what jokingly is termed the system.

Assuming that Finance don't decide to send them all via snail mail again, which means that the Farnell one will disappear in the aether never to be seen again until I complain 3 times & they manage to fax the fecking thing.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      There we are; £1000 of someone else's money duly spent.

It's taken all day to produce the purchase orders.

And it'll take yonks for said orders to grind slowly through what jokingly is termed the system.

Assuming that Finance don't decide to send them all via snail mail again, which means that the Farnell one will disappear in the aether never to be seen again until I complain 3 times & they manage to fax the fecking thing.
                      What is this timewarp in which you work?
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X