• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Packing done and dusted, 4 days stuff and it all fits in in my carry on that also includes me laptop as well. doesn't even take up half the case .

Figured I could buy a travel hairdryer and straightener when I get over there.
    I was mildly annoyed this morning, hving ben told had finally reached the head of the queue for a locker got toldthismorning when I went to collect it that due to departmental squabbling no more lockers keys were being handed out.

Not the end of the world, but it means I need to carry on carting my work clothes in and out of the office on the bike every day. Which is annoying.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      I was mildly annoyed this morning, hving ben told had finally reached the head of the queue for a locker got toldthismorning when I went to collect it that due to departmental squabbling no more lockers keys were being handed out.

Not the end of the world, but it means I need to carry on carting my work clothes in and out of the office on the bike every day. Which is annoying.
      Am hoping that I can find somewhere Monday to Thursday that I can leave my stuff at over the weekend, otherwise I'm carting luggage every weekend, which is a PITA.

Will probably buy toiletries and stick them in me drawer at clientco until I do.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Packing done and dusted, 4 days stuff and it all fits in in my carry on that also includes me laptop as well. doesn't even take up half the case .

Figured I could buy a travel hairdryer and straightener when I get over there.
        travel straighteners are rubbish. you might not need a hairdryer depending on where you are stopping for the first couple of goes (hotel etc...)

when mrs 5* goes out with her mates and stops out 1 night she packs a great big hold all !!!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          travel straighteners are rubbish. you might not need a hairdryer depending on where you are stopping for the first couple of goes (hotel etc...)

when mrs 5* goes out with her mates and stops out 1 night she packs a great big hold all !!!
          Not really, had some great ones for ages before I bought my GHD ones. Am staying in a flat courtesy of AirnB, so hairdryers won't be provided.

I hate packing too much, can get away with a back pack if I'm away for a long weekend.

With work it's handy as I'll be suited and booted, so just need shirts, suit, shoes, done, possibly a pair of jeans and my unmentionables!

If I go out for a night, then what I need will fit in my handbag ( I have bugger all in said handbag and it's not that big).

I really don't understand people who need to pack as if they are going away for weeks when it is just for a few days.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Stone me, knackered now.

Taken the component drawers off the walls & packed them into cardboard boxes.

Hope I never have to do this again.

Comment

Last day of freedom

Off to blighty tomorrow
              <sing> take me over the sea,
              where the Alleyman can't get at me,
              Oh my, I don't want to die,
              I want to go home.
              </sing>

http://www.antiwarsongs.org/canzone.php?id=4845&lang=en

Comment

Right.

I now have to find a suitable cardboard receptacle for the remaining two component drawers.

Wish me luck.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  <sing> take me over the sea,
                  where the Alleyman can't get at me,
                  Oh my, I don't want to die,
                  I want to go home.
                  </sing>

Antiwar Songs (AWS) - I Want To Go Home
                  I want to stay at home ( and get paid of course).

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Aha!

It transpires that the cardboard receptacles that the other cardboard receptacles came in are prezactly the right size.

With a lot of tape, a box cutter & some modifications.

and thrice

Comment

I want to stay at home ( and get paid of course).
                      Me too.

It's not working too well so far.

But at least the frigging rain has stopped.

Comment

Working...
                      X