• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    It can't be a Passat then...
    Does the door open on yours yet? Is it still wet?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      I'm absolutely serious - for the last year and a half instead of furthering my technical career I've competely changed direction into internet marketing. I can write content and get ranked highly for popoular keywords and get plenty of free traffic from Google.

Now I'm focusing on getting the right kind of traffic (people with credit cards in hand about to buy something) and converting them.

I love it and can't get enough of it - it's not just plan B it's plan A! Plan B is go back to Cisco networking if plan A fails - which it won't
      I'm on the fringes of that at the moment and took a few courses in writing for web, tone-of-voice and the like - work with agencies all the time and it can be a challenge translating their (print) ideas to web. If you want any pointers I'd be happy to help - there's all sorts to go hand in hand with the usual SEO/marketing copywriting. Moving steadily into UX and Analysis/IA.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        <dribble>

Wha?

Who said that?
        You don't even remember me???
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          I'm on the fringes of that at the moment and took a few courses in writing for web, tone-of-voice and the like - work with agencies all the time and it can be a challenge translating their (print) ideas to web. If you want any pointers I'd be happy to help - there's all sorts to go hand in hand with the usual SEO/marketing copywriting. Moving steadily into UX and Analysis/IA.
          Any pointers are good. I've just finished a book on how to write those long single page sales letters with borders on either side that force the reader to just read down the page as there is nowhere else to click etc. The ones with the testimonials, bullets, graphics, bonuses and higher prices crossed out.

I know they're a bit vulgar but they work... Dan Kennedy the book was by it's called "The ultimate sales letter".
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

It's still a growth area - at least in my sector. Like I say to clients & suppliers, there's no point having the best DB technology, the best functionality etc, if you can't use the application/site. Too many PMs focus on the features and not the delivery.

Consistency, intuitiveness, clearly presented, structured, jargon-free... goes a looong way to please the end user. Oh, and cross-browser/platform compatibility.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              I think it was suddenly being roused from his sleep that did it.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                More of a

moment.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

A historic thread indeed, thought I'd add a post so that I would be part of history, when someone prints all the posts out and publishes a book with the contents.

'The longest forum thread in the world' - By C. UK
                  ISBN: 28172872373

Comment

thats ok - after him dissing my headache inducing performances earlier.... I thought he wasn't talking to me
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Right, I'm off

Comment

Working...
                      X