• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I'm trying to motivate meself into pimping my skills back in blighty
    What does Mr N say about it?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      dont do it - its cold, rainy and miseable over here
      but that does make it easier to work?

Comment

Yesterday 9.45am I got a leaflet that Greenwich residents can visit HMS ocean. No date given. So I emailed. I got a reply at 3pm saying it was yesterday 3pm-5pm!

I have written a stroppy email. Not that will be bothered.

At least it illicited a few stories from Mrs BP about what she got up to on British Naval ships in Dubai when she was a schoolgirl (17). No seamen jokes please.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          What does Mr N say about it?
          Mr N doesn't have a say in it.

If he had a gig I wouldn't be doing this.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Mr N doesn't have a say in it.

If he had a gig I wouldn't be doing this.
            I am sure it is just the internet - but that response sounded quite severe! I am sure it was not meant like that. If it was meant to be severe then the sooner you apply for a gig in London the better. Maybe London is a good option anyway? I know it is cr4p here - but if there is a gig .......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I am sure it is just the internet - but that response sounded quite severe! I am sure it was not meant like that. If it was meant to be severe then the sooner you apply for a gig in London the better. Maybe London is a good option anyway? I know it is cr4p here - but if there is a gig .......

I'd rather get work in NL as with doing the weekly commute I can kiss goodbye to any quality of life I have built up in the last 9 months and go back to no life during the week and b*gger all at the weekends.

So you can see I'm really enthused by the fact I'm chasing work elsewhere. and the possibility of having to fork out for a lot of travel for interviews, my market isn't forward thinking enough to do skpe or phone interviews.

As a result my will to live has been lost again.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

dont do it - its cold, rainy and miseable over here
                I'd rather not but needs must and all that

Norrahe's blog

Comment

could you not start a catering/cooking/baking business as a stop gap ?

Comment

At least you can come to the cuk socials

I know its a great consolation for you.....

Comment

could you not start a catering/cooking/baking business as a stop gap ?
                      No call for that over here

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X