• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the cricket going?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      How is the cricket going?
      54-3 at tea. England 16 runs ahead still...

Comment

And Murray is looking good in the tennis - this is turning into a good day!

Comment

Would the bollockings be directed at Bob. Was there much upsetness?
          Surely it should be a needful bollocking with resulting in needful upsetful.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Surely it should be a needful bollocking with resulting in needful upsetful.
            If MIch did the needful it would be a kicking. Though he would have to go a long way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              MrsF is meant to be researching insulation and / or damp proofing. Not sure what you can do with a Victorian house, though.

The two rooms need:

- wallpaper removing
              - walls and ceiling skimming and repairing
              - walls painting (possibly needs lining paper first)
              - ceiling painting
              - gloss work painting
              - carpet removing
              - floorboards filling, sanding, painting
              - rejig the furniture from one room to the other
              - check / deal with damp
              I've noticed recently that they've been fixing insulation to the outside of the walls of some victorian terraces.

Then they rendered over the insulation.

Comment

Would the bollockings be directed at Bob. Was there much upsetness?
                Bob, Dutch techy PM and American CIO. I'm out on Tuesday, I've delivered, I've provided my damning report on the testing process, I've got my glowing reference from the MD and now I'm enjoying dealing out some slaps because of people sitting around arguing instead of working to sell the stuff that pays the bills.

And yes, there is much upsetness.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  I've noticed recently that they've been fixing insulation to the outside of the walls of some victorian terraces.

Then they rendered over the insulation.

Not doing that to my house.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I'm also getting sick of hearing the CIO and his techy PM saying 'we have done extensive testing bla bla bla...', and 'we have carried ouot over 2000 test cases bla bla bla...'.

Yes, you've done extensive testing, but it was crap testing on the technology side that forced the users to hire a test manager and spend a tulipload of money doing a complete functional and integration test in UAT where UAT should simply measure whether working software needs a little adaption to fit the business process, or if the business process needs a little adaption.

Extensive testing does not equal good testing.

Number of test cases is no indicator of the coverage or depth of testing.

I know about testing. I know a lot about it. A hell of a lot, and I can prove it and I don't like people who know nothing about it talking tulip about it.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Not doing that to my house.
                      Or mine.

It does improve things though.

They've also got brand new ?slate? roofs and brand new brick chimbleys.

It's improved the look of the area no end.

Comment

Working...
                      X