• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and without warning my connection goes down
    He is sinking in the phone point.

Glad 've got my mobile broadband

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      What does a Burns supper consist of? Poetry while you eat?
      Haggis, neeps (turnip) and tatties (potatoes). Usually a whisky too.

In a proper Burns supper the haggis is brought to the table while a piper plays. Then someone will recite Address to a Haggis and cut it open but I doubt that will be happening in the pub.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        There is an explicit exception under corporate policies due to the original age of software and its importance.
        Impasse reached.

It appears like this was never resolved and eventually neglected. If you have any ideas (on how to solve or go about solving this issue) let me know.
        Personally I would have thought that the explicit exception within corporate policy was the resolution but hey ho.

Can sneak into a Lunch and Learn at lunchtime. Can I get the one decent sandwich and stay awake.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I am still, after 15 years in IT, amazed at the utter incompetence and blatant dishonesty that is not only tolerated but sometimes actively encouraged in this business.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Can sneak into a Lunch and Learn at lunchtime. Can I get the one decent sandwich and stay awake.
            PERMIE ALERT
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Power has gone off.
              I hope I have enough charge in laptop and dongle.

Comment

Whats a lunch and learn ?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  PERMIE ALERT
                  It on Oracle BI and the proposal I'm working on has both oracle and Sql server options. I need to validate whether the oracle quotes are plausible.

The figures are overly optimistic but I need the ammo to prove the point. Plus a free sandwich is a free sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Whats a lunch and learn ?
                    It allows the Permies to show off and everyone gets food to encourage attendance. I'm invited by the PM for added sarcasm and awkward questions.

Today its on Oracle OBIEE and BI. Now it works fine but it has some lovely flaws in it. My recent favourite is in the HR module where initial start date is stored as a double rather than a date.

Comment

It allows the Permies to show off and everyone gets food to encourage attendance. I'm invited by the PM for added sarcasm and awkward questions.

Today its on Oracle OBIEE and BI. Now it works fine but it has some lovely flaws in it. My recent favourite is in the HR module where initial start date is stored as a double rather than a date.
                      As I am at an American bank they are called "brown bag" sessions.

Comment

Working...
                      X