• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    You & me both.

This scanning of magazines is like watching paint dry.

It doesn't help that they're a tad musty in an unpleasantly musty sort of way.

Comment

Pimp just rang me about an ideal role.

Forgot to get his name at the end of the call.

DOH!

Hopefully he'll call me back if they want to interview me.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Pimp just rang me about an ideal role.

Forgot to get his name at the end of the call.

DOH!

Hopefully he'll call me back if they want to interview me.
        Did he need 3 references?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Did he need 3 references?
          no 5.

He did say his name ( I wasn't paying attention, DOH!) and the gig is at a company I've worked before.

Will have to wait and see.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

no 5.

He did say his name ( I wasn't paying attention, DOH!) and the gig is at a company I've worked before.

Will have to wait and see.
            What happened to the mysterious overseas client from last week?
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              What happened to the mysterious overseas client from last week?
              I haven't heard back and don't expect to, I think he was trying to fill a role that someone else had already been taken on for but they weren't quite happy with and he probably told them he could get someone in at short notice.

This gig is same niche market and same country, added advantage I've worked with them before (as a permie) and can get some internal references if need be.

Will have to wait for the pimp to get back to me. Apparently these people will wait for the right person, as opposed to the last lot who apparently won't wait.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I haven't heard back and don't expect to, I think he was trying to fill a role that someone else had already been taken on for but they weren't quite happy with and he probably told them he could get someone in at short notice.

This gig is same niche market and same country, added advantage I've worked with them before (as a permie) and can get some internal references if need be.

Will have to wait for the pimp to get back to me. Apparently these people will wait for the right person, as opposed to the last lot who apparently won't wait.
                Betcha it's the same company and the last pimp was trying to pull a fast one
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Gosh.

Another project done for a foundation year esteemed customer.

I amaze even myself sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Betcha it's the same company and the last pimp was trying to pull a fast one
                    The first one was with a small Dutch company on specific workstreams and this one is with a subsidiary of a UK company on an overall workstream

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just had a call from a Dutch pimp, they sound less sleazy than UK pimps, must be the accent "for schure ya"

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X