• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhere (and I can't find it now) we were discussing Philip K Dick's books.

I have now read a few of his books and collections of short stories. Very good (albeit a bet samey WRT the dolls business).

Zeity, I believe you recommended "The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch" and I understand it is supposed to be his best work. I gave up on it. I got too bored.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Not one of my favourites, I must admit.

Some of them are hard going.

Don't think I would have recommended it.

I just read the lot for completeness.

Scanner Darkly is a real downer.

Comment

The Man in the High Castle is pretty accessible, being one of his mid 60s epics.

Even won an award.

Comment

That should be "early 60s" (1962) by the way.

Before it all got really really really strange.

On which happy note:

Byeeeeee

Don't forget to wind your Mercer machines.

Comment

I was expecting a fuss about the Secret TPDers Ball. Certainly more than:

Originally posted by administrator
            I smell stale booze

Feckers

Don't tell any one but I never check the calendar. A year late is better than never I guess
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I didn't know anything about the secret party - I mustn't have been invited

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                I didn't know anything about the secret party - I mustn't have been invited
                It was like a mutual masturbation event, though I think RC was offering most of the 's
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  It was like a mutual masturbation event, though I think RC was offering most of the 's
                  Argh - I had a night out at the big club in our village.

There where only 2 fights and glasses thrown, music stopped, police and everyone locked in.
                  Still it emptied the bar and I got served quicker

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    everyone locked in.
                    Still it emptied the bar
                    How did that work?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      How did that work?
                      they were either fighting or guarding their tables

Comment

Working...