• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bribing the sensei? is that against dojo rules?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      bribing the sensei? is that against dojo rules?
      Not at all

I host my instructors day job website and I've mentioned a few times that emails might just stop.

However he has just beasted me for even suggesting such things !

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Not at all

I host my instructors day job website and I've mentioned a few times that emails might just stop.

However he has just beasted me for even suggesting such things !
        So that's how you got your black belt, hmm maybe I should try that when I start doing Aikido again.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

So that's how you got your black belt, hmm maybe I should try that when I start doing Aikido again.
          hard work and dedication.

In order to take black belt you need to have taken a good few number of classes, some of the brown/white, brown/black haven't and are likely to fall down on that side.

Comment

to summarise the mornings activity here

Zeity is bored. (now)
            RC has succumbed to those gold adverts on daytime tv and is selling his missus' gold
            Fivetimes is fiddling with code and is none too happy
            and MF's interview secrets are all to do with offering sexual favours to his interviewers
            Didn't have the chance to get really bored.

An esteemed customer turned up & we've made 4 new pcbs for his project.

Keen or what? (It was end of term last Friday).

Comment

A couple of lads that I take training surprised me last night with a nice bottle of wine as a thank you
              What?

They clubbed you with it from behind in the carpark?

Comment

now

Comment

hard work and dedication.

In order to take black belt you need to have taken a good few number of classes, some of the brown/white, brown/black haven't and are likely to fall down on that side.
                  A friend of mine is now second dan, and when she used to train it was 3 3 hour sessions a week, and an all day session once a month I think she got her black belt in 3-4 years. They were quite tough at grading.

I haven't found anywhere locally that does the same version of aikido I used to do or isn't headed up by some wannabe ninja nutter.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Didn't have the chance to get really bored.

An esteemed customer turned up & we've made 4 new pcbs for his project.

Keen or what? (It was end of term last Friday).
                    One of the mature students?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'm thinking of suggesting we have a training camp next year - weekend away working on certain techniques followed by some booze

Comment

Working...
                      X