• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the test rig for the Sharp zapper has been constructed & tested on breadboard.

One waits with bated breath to see if the Sharp tv understands what it's being told.

Bet it won't.

It'll be cycle counting again if I'm any judge.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      5 YEARS.

I doubt I'd be able to do that
      Its banking so I think it's a case of 5 years of references, addresses, and evidence for any gaps in your cv, as for the gaps, well given that I wasn't working or signing on there's going to be come difficulty in providing evidence of simply being at home.

Some of my contracts were direct (aka I got a contract about 2 months after I started) and some of the line managers I worked with at some contracts have since long gone.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

5 years.

Most of the places I'd worked have long gone, much less the managers.

Though I think some of those have departed this life too.

Not on my account, I might add.

Comment

On which happy note, I'm off to test my zapper software.

Byeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Its banking so I think it's a case of 5 years of references, addresses, and evidence for any gaps in your cv, as for the gaps, well given that I wasn't working or signing on there's going to be come difficulty in providing evidence of simply being at home.

Some of my contracts were direct (aka I got a contract about 2 months after I started) and some of the line managers I worked with at some contracts have since long gone.
            I'm going to have a similar problem applying for an Oz visa at some point. I had one client go bust and others where it might be difficult to track down line managers who hired me.

Comment

Not sure about it, it sounds like lots of stress, long hours and pushing through a project that has to go live irrespective.

but on the other side it is getting me into banking.

but am none too keen on spending hours filling in forms to prove my existence and that I don't have a criminal record.

Have done crb checks at my previous clientco, and that was filling in a form online with addresses for 5 years and that was it.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                That neg that someone gave me for dissing that DJ person seems to have disappeared.

Most odd.
                What dj person?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  I'm going to have a similar problem applying for an Oz visa at some point. I had one client go bust and others where it might be difficult to track down line managers who hired me.
                  Are you doing RPL/CBOK ?

What stage are you at with the visa ?

We are looking at getting some extra points as the wife has an Aunt & Uncle over there.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Are you doing RPL/CBOK ?

What stage are you at with the visa ?

We are looking at getting some extra points as the wife has an Aunt & Uncle over there.
                    Umm, don't know. Haven't applied yet. I pass the points test but that's as far as I've gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      Umm, don't know. Haven't applied yet. I pass the points test but that's as far as I've gone.
                      When are you planning in going to Oz?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X