• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And

Yay!

The junk room is officially not my problem any more.

Comment

Afternoon!
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all.

I have the joys of veroboard man this morning.

Unfortunately I no longer have the excuse of hiding away in the junk room.

Mostly coz it's almost empty
        Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Build an anechoic chamber in the junk room, that way no-one will hear him scream...
        Don't tempt me.

This morning's inspired bit of muppetry first class was to turn the 5V rail up to 22V because the meter was indicating current instead of voltage.

Doh!

Now he's cooked 4 resistors, maybe the LM324, and almost certainly 4 (reasonably expensive) opto sensors.

My joy is complete & overwhelming.

Comment

Hey Drewster we're off to Dubai in just over a couple of weeks, can you recommend some arabic dishes for us to try?
          (Chicken) Mandi is good - and should be dirt cheap
          (Meat) Mandi ditto - but lots more expensive (Cheap by our standards but 3-4 x Chicken).

Mazbi is also good - same sort of pricesprices

Mudjfoon is my fave....... slightly curried flavour

All sorts of Kebabs and stuff....

I would say try the Lahmb Nukell Sup....... and the Meaty Labia (same link?)

I'll dig out some other "names"....... I tend to just point - cos they don't always have English Menus here in Jeddah.....

PS Dirt cheap = about £2-50 for Meal (1/2 Chuck plus ton of rice/rissoto stuff), Side salad, couple of Pepsi
          Last edited by Drewster; 6 May 2010, 12:41.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Don't tempt me.

This morning's inspired bit of muppetry first class was to turn the 5V rail up to 22V because the meter was indicating current instead of voltage.

Doh!

Now he's cooked 4 resistors, maybe the LM324, and almost certainly 4 (reasonably expensive) opto sensors.

My joy is complete & overwhelming.

Amazingly enough, after I replaced (coz I fried them) two LM324 opamps, the thing still works.

The resistors don't half stink though.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              (Meat) Mandi ditto - but lots more expensive (Cheap by our standards but 3-4 x Chicken).

I'll dig out some other "names"....... I tend to just point - cos they don't always have English Menus here in Jeddah.....

PS Dirt cheap = about £2-50 for Meal (1/2 Chuck plus ton of rice/rissoto stuff), Side salad, couple of Pepsi
              Cheers mate.

Although I think CM has pretty much sorted where and what we're eating.

Comment

Meaty Labia
                Are you making that up?

Comment

Thanks Drew - we're going to have one night in Al Karama (rip off city!) & I want to try some local stuff - maybe not Meaty Labia though - would be like lesbian night or something

Cheers mate.

Although I think CM has pretty much sorted where and what we're eating.
                  Pretty much!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    Are you making that up?
                    I don't think he means the old meat curtains thingy...

Comment

byeee

Comment

Working...
                      X