• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but what to get? a nice new mac perhaps? one of those very thin ones with a solid state whatsist maybe?

Comment

mine must be two years old now. two years... crazy. <thinks> how long do did the previous one last? i've really aught to see if i can ressurect it. it would do for the kids...

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        but what to get? a nice new mac perhaps? one of those very thin ones with a solid state whatsist maybe?
        Noo. We bought a Mac for music stuff (Cubase etc) and the expensive little fcker died on its arse about 18 months later. The consensus was a knackered motherboard and it was far too expensive to get fixed. Was thinking of another laptop - about £800 - with decent graphics so can play games and do development work.
        The fault on this one is intermittent which gives me a bit of hope.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

nearly time to escape. except i arrived bloody late. although i typically arrive early and leave late. so i've got plenty in the bank, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            ....The consensus was a knackered motherboard and it was far too expensive to get fixed...
            yer - there is that argument. a mac is shiny but they break too.

Comment

still think i'll get another though even when the hardware dies. it was that fitzy fellow that persuaded me to turm macintosh when my compaq fell over.

Comment

and he wasn't wrong. mostly.

Comment

No they are lovely, but can't afford to spend a couple of grand on such a fragile creature atm.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

The Zipmogs would have to give up things like pizza and private medical insurance
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

i think the finder is clunky and unintuitive. the casing is not robust enough. nor the keys. the mousepad is sometimes grrrr in spreadsheets. it randomly drops my network settings. and, as with windows it comes with a whole load of apps 'n stuff that are utterly useless. but i like it more than any other computing thing i've ever used or owned.

Comment

Working...
                      X