• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    are you going to scarborough fair?
    Scarburrow
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I see that my last post was CUK post 990065 - not long until the CUK million
      Oo! This is post 994,407.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        At first I googled "Dah Dah Dah song" but that returned too many spurious results.

I was later inspired and googled for "Dah Dah Dah song german" and that found what I was looking for.
        I Googled for:

Code:
        "da da da" german technopop
        (the double quotes are significant) and was ready to post a response to you last night when the hotel wi-fi decided to cut me off

When I got home tonight, I had to work out why the TPD tab in Safari contained an unposted post - then I remembered, and decided it was too late now

Comment

Do remove the placeholders, old chap

Anyway, as I was saying:

Saturday
          Max: 18 °C Min: 11 °C
          (Day) (Overnight)
          Fine, some afternoon cloud. Southwesterly winds.
          Continuous light drivel

Comment

The hotel web site allows one to view the last three months of stays - this includes the room number. I use it to get an email copy of the previous week's invoice to save me the hassle of scanning the paper one

While I'm there, I check out when I was last in the room...
            I'm not sure whether I am relieved or disappointed.

Comment

Orion is rising magnificently from the East

Orion has always been my favourite constellation
              Around the time you wrote that, Mrs BI & I stepped out of the front door and Orion was right in front of us, and perfectly unmistakable.

Comment

It does make a change to one's outlook when you can start to appreciate the weather though.
                Microsoft products never cease to amaze me

Comment

The nicely valeted TPD Time Machine™ is much nicer.

And the padded seat covering was a good idea. It's very cosy.

I think I might just shut my eyes and enjoy the comfiness, just for a moment.

I'll leave it ticking over in neutral in the meantime...

Comment

I am not convinced that women can really multi-task like they claim either.
                    No matter how you dress it up, being able to plan next week's dinners at the same time as giving head is not "multitasking" in any meaningful sense of the word

Comment

I have had to stand in a queue for one of the self-service checkouts in Tesco behind a woman who was trying to have a conversation on her mobile whil scanning her shopping through the till.

Because she was on the phone she was not doing a very good job with scanning her shopping.

Because she was scanning her shopping she was not doing a very good job of having a telephone convesation and had to keep saying "hang on".

That isn't multi-tasking.

That's failing to do two different things.

Comment

Working...
                      X