• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And of course I have electrcity again now otherwise my router would not be working.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      I think that honour goes to the Portuguese.

We were busy fighting the Dutch for centuries.
      Indeed, I was struck by the warmth of the welcome that the Portuguse extended to me for being English that I have never received anywhere else in Europe, despite the fact that English is not as widely spoken there as it is in other countries.

I have mentioned it before I am sure but in the suburbs of Porto there is a monument to commemorate the time that the English and Portuguese joined forces to defeat the French.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/10944742

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Actually, I'm living on a prayer. Good evening anyway
        Evening.

Comment

Evening Gonzo, we've just got back from an unofficial CUK northern do.

Nice meeting the chaps and chapesses.

Comment

Hello again denizens

Ended up having another long chat with John, the landlord, after the staff were long gone

I'll miss that place when I'm no longer in Cambridge.

Good to hear that the Manchester do went well

I sometimes wonder about these CUK gettogethers: they're always really good, but then you realise that it's only the good people who turn up; the arseholes always remain in their Pot-Noodle-filled lairs

Anybody know anything about bookmaking? We could set odds for the Christmas do

Comment

What would we be betting on? Number of pot noodlers who turn up?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Evening Gonzo, we've just got back from an unofficial CUK northern do.

Nice meeting the chaps and chapesses.
                Evening.

Good to hear that it was an enjoyable night.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I sometimes wonder about these CUK gettogethers: they're always really good, but then you realise that it's only the good people who turn up; the arseholes always remain in their Pot-Noodle-filled lairs

At all the ones that I went to everyone was exactly the same as their "online" persona, even down to the way that SallyAnne talks.

It doesn't surprise me that the "more difficult" ones don't like to show their faces.

Comment

The nice lady reading the Shipping Forecast seemed to discreetly clear her throat just now

I hope she's not sickening for something - like all Radio 4 announcers, she's one of the Good People

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                    ...even down to the way that SallyAnne talks.
                    the way that SallyAnne talks, like

Comment

No precipitation of any kind in Liverpool Crosby - visibility five miles

Might as well go to bed then

But... It's Thursday! I can pack my bag ready for tomorrow's departure!

Happy Friday, everybody

Comment

Working...
                      X