• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I was in a relationship with a Dutch lass for several years, and garnered a smattering :
    My Dutch mates and colleagues used to laugh at me when I said I'd like to learn a bit of the lingo. Their attitude was "it is not easy and everyone you like speaks English anyway".
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

evening all

Comment

Hi
        +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

wifey is out at a concert tonight with friends, stopping out then shopping tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Hi
            Hi zip, how are you ?

Comment

Total access to the tv remote plus you can slob out - sorted

Edit: I'm fine thanks
              +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

DD2 has a school trip tomorrow - she is off to a castle.

I've got her clothes out, made the lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  DD2 has a school trip tomorrow - she is off to a castle.

I've got her clothes out, made the lunch.
                  The only problem is that there will be no-one around to make me a brew in the morning

Comment

I picked her up from school this afternoon and took her bike.
                    All her friends were looking at it and asking if she could ride it with stabilisers.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      My Dutch mates and colleagues used to laugh at me when I said I'd like to learn a bit of the lingo. Their attitude was "it is not easy and everyone you like speaks English anyway".
                      The Dutch always say that, but deep down inside they like it if you make the effort

One time Gerda and I were in a bar near Dam Square and I ordered our beers in Dutch. The barmaid brought the drinks and said a whole load of gobbledegook.

Confused, I turned to Gerda, whereupon she and the barmaid both burst out laughing.

It turned that she'd been saying what a nice change it was to
                      meet an English person who had taken the trouble to learn Dutch

Comment

Working...
                      X