• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Afternoon denizens

My local is being closed down in a month
    +

Bloody DMU are a right bunch of bastards - as John the owner says, if they'd at least been given three months notice there would have been plenty of time for the staff to be hunting other jobs; but no, DMU give them a month
    a) There's nothing quite like being laid off a month before Xmas to really make your year great.

b) If you are going to close down a pub, do NOT do it before the Xmas / New year takings - that would just be silly.

c) Nobody in their right mind does construction work during a recession. (The Wagon & Horses in The Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead was the best pub in the town, by far. It was pulled down at the start of the recession in the 1980s and the site was then a fenced off field of mud for over ten years because nobody would invest in the site. It is now a multi-storey car park.)
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Sadly, no. It's NZ's equivalent of Police, Camera, Action!, but being in NZ it lacks the action and the exclamation mark.

A typical episode will feature a drunken teenager kicking his neighbour's fence. The Police will march him off to his parents and give them a telling off for letting him out after dark; the whole thing will finally be wrapped up by the voiceover guy saying "The errant teen returned the next day to repair the fence, and no further action was taken."

You mean that "take care, the pie will be hot" scene was real?
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

What are we all up to tonight? I've cooked a chilli which is smelling really good.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

You mean that "take care, the pie will be hot" scene was real?
          Probably the highlight of the entire series

Comment

Probably the highlight of the entire series
            That rather suggests there's no point watching the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              That rather suggests there's no point watching the rest.
              It's been running for six or seven years, hence my wish for a box set

Comment

This thread is so slow to post reply that I forgot all the bad words I planned to post

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

This thread is so slow to post reply that I forgot all the bad words I planned to post
                  Hello AtW . Are you lost again?
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Hello AtW . Are you lost again?
                    Just finished work - not sure if I fixed weird SKA bug, have to wait until end of peak usage time.... meanwhile it's DoD:S for me...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Just finished work - not sure if I fixed weird SKA bug, have to wait until end of peak usage time.... meanwhile it's DoD:S for me...
                      Que?
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X