• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I glanced at my watch - how much time was left?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The three traditional factors determining a tank's effectiveness are its firepower, protection and mobility. Also significant is shock action, the psychological effect of a tank's imposing battlefield presence on enemy soldiers.
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

"Pah," I thought. "There's plenty of time before I need to get there."
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Firepower is the ability of a tank to identify, engage, and destroy a target. Protection is the tank's ability to resist being detected, engaged, and disabled or destroyed by enemy fire. Mobility includes tactical mobility over diverse terrain on the battlefield, as well as strategic mobility, the ability of the tank to be transported by road, rail, sea, and perhaps by air, to the battlefield.

Comment

But, traffic conspired against me.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Tank design is traditionally held to be a compromise between these three factors--it is not considered possible to maximize all three. For example, increasing protection by adding armour will result in an increase in weight and therefore decrease mobility; increasing firepower by using a larger gun will decrease both mobility and protection (due to decreased armour at the front of the turret).

Comment

At one stage, we had to do a U-turn!
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

A tank crew must be able to quickly identify, engage, and destroy many types of targets on the battlefield, while maintaining high mobility. To this end, they are equipped with sophisticated detection and fire-control equipment, a large gun capable of firing armour-piercing and high-explosive ammunition, and machine guns for defence against infantry, light vehicles, and aircraft.

Comment

I wasn't too reassured by the driver saying "I've not taken a wrong turn, honest!"
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                      ..human deafness (extreme insensitivity to sound) most commonly occurs because of abnormalities of the inner ear, rather than the nerves or tracts of the central auditory system.
                      or due to excessive headbanging (in front of the main speakers) at consecutive motorhead concerts

Comment

Working...
                      X