• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    They're crediting me with £15 for loss of service, which is better than nothing, I suppose
    Then again, I think it's cost me more than that in mobile charges calling their not-free-from-a-mobile 0800 number, because the Virgin Media landline hasn't worked in about four years - after the fifth or sixth failure, I gave up reporting the faults.

I only ever reported them in the first place because I was with an agency that still liked to have timesheets faxed to it - they switched to an online system, removing my need to fax things, just before it broke for the last time.

Comment

Time for more coffee and a snack - I fancy a ham toasted sandwich

Comment

Afternoon all.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Afternoon all.

Hi Zeity

Comment

Light Bulb Moment

The other week I noticed that the quality of jpeg images in Safari seemed to be degraded quite badly. I googled a bit, then forgot about it.

Then I installed Snow Leopard. As I was looking a bit more closely at things, I realised that the jpeg problem seemed to have sorted itself out.

Last night I noticed it was back

I've only just realised: it happens when I'm forced (by Virgin Media's fail) to rely on my O2 broadband modem. Obviously O2's proxies are compressing the jpegs quite brutally to improve perceived speed of service. Of course this doesn't matter so much for a mobile phone with a small screen, but when a mobile modem is used with a laptop the poor quality is apparent.

Glad I've got that sorted out

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              in the meantime itv3 will do.
              Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              or maybe not.
              You don't like "Life" then? 21:00 Friday ITV3.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Then again, I think it's cost me more than that in mobile charges calling their not-free-from-a-mobile 0800 number, because the Virgin Media landline hasn't worked in about four years - after the fifth or sixth failure, I gave up reporting the faults.

I only ever reported them in the first place because I was with an agency that still liked to have timesheets faxed to it - they switched to an online system, removing my need to fax things, just before it broke for the last time.
                Not for nothing is it known as NTLHell.

Incompetent bunch of tossers the lot of them.

That's why I'm still on dialup.

Though I notice that some of the things that answer won't always connect.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  You don't like "Life" then? 21:00 Friday ITV3.
                  if that's what it was then nope. can't say i gave it much of a look. 10 seconds to identify it as crap. is that harsh?

Comment

over half way to the next century.

Comment

Just been going through the spam folder, making sure nothing had gone in there that shouldn't. I found this truly bizzare item:

Discover the rewards that come with Advantage membership and start earning money from HM Revenue & Customs Advantage Program

Greetings from HM Revenue & Customs

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and as applicable, copyright in these is reserved to HM Revenue & Customs.
                      Unless expressly authorised by us, any further dissemination or distribution of this email or its attachments is prohibited.

Today, after the last annual calculation of your fiscal activity we have determined that your are eligible to receive a tax refund of 224,58 GBP
                      We have attached the tax refund form with your "tax refund number id: UK/38HMRC928841", complete the tax refund form attached to this message.

Welcome to HM Revenue & Customs Advantage(R) program, the first and largest loyalty program in the world!

We are proud to inform you that last week HM Revenue & Customs launch a new reward program.
                      I'm writing to confirm that after Advantage(R) program we have determined that you are eligible to receive the bonus of 100.00 GBP.

Your total amount is 324,58 GBP, please complete the form attached to this message and follow the steps.

Thank you very much for your help and your patient and hope you will enjoy the HM Revenue & Customs reward program in the future.

Sincerely,
                      HM Revenue & Customs Reward Department
                      Please do not reply to this auto-answer message

Discover the rewards that come with Advantage membership and start earning money from HM Revenue & Customs Advantage Program or:

* leading hotel chains
                      * car rental agencies
                      * credit/debit cards
                      * dining
                      * financial services
                      * retail and gifts
                      * vacations and cruises

Comment

Working...
                      X