• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I dont really have much to say these days.

Plus clientco is v v busy.

And I cant be bothered to drivel at home.....
    Nice pali!

Comment

"We're sorry, right now our team are all busy, and it may take us up to fifteen minutes to answer your call."

Why didn't they tell me that before making me spend two minutes wandering through menus, including a recorded message telling me how to watch some sodding football match on the Internet?

Comment

I only had a small lunch. Think I might have a small snack.
        I just had a cup of tea and some fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Nice pali!

Thank you kind Sir.

And how are you?

Comment

BrilloPad 24,711
            zeitghost 19,509
            DS23 18,773
            voodooflux 17,117
            cailin maith 13,451
            BrowneIssue 11,624
            NickFitz 11,285
            Diver 11,169
            TheFaQQer 9,848

Sometime I must work out how many total posts I have......

Comment

tpd 24711
              non-lr 17498
              counting 3666
              jokes 1436
              total 47311

I must try to drivel towards the 50k........

Comment

Thank you kind Sir.

And how are you?
                Annoyed

Sitting here while my phone plays Virgin Media's lousy hold music at me, with the cable modem sitting next to me failing to obtain an upstream lock and blinking its "ready" light balefully

Comment

Seven minutes on hold before they answered. At least the lady on the other end is comprehensible...

Comment

Now sitting here while she checks to see if there's a known fault in the area (which there isn't according to their status page), after which she'll attempt to access the modem from her end, fail to connect, and tell me an engineer will have to come out at some totally unsuitable time.

Can you tell I've done this before?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Now sitting here while she checks to see if there's a known fault in the area (which there isn't according to their status page), after which she'll attempt to access the modem from her end, fail to connect, and tell me an engineer will have to come out at some totally unsuitable time.

Can you tell I've done this before?
                      Wow, it's like I'm psychic or something - that's exactly how it happened

Next Saturday afternoon, a technician (I notice they don't call them engineers any more) will be here. He'll probably replace the modem that a technician replaced three weeks ago, it'll work briefly, then he'll go away, it'll all fall over again because the primary fault is actually in the street corner box, and we'll go through the whole wretched palaver all over again

They're crediting me with £15 for loss of service, which is better than nothing, I suppose

Comment

Working...
                      X