• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Oh yeah - Sorry to all you guys who live down there....I guess if I did, I would get used to it, I'm just not good with so many people....
    That’s OK – I don’t like it during rush hour very much and there are lots of very impatient and rude people in some of the more popular parts.

The area where I live (around Hampton Court) is very nice – it’s suburbia though so I don’t know if that counts
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I saw a couple during the tube strike last year. Scary it was.
      For those of you who use the tube regularly, I recommend listening to The Amateur Transplants song "London Underground". Via headphones if you are in an office. It makes me chuckle.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Just sorted out a room for the duration of the project staying in Surrey Quays.

Sounds nice, and the room is OK.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I just go to work early, and leave for home early.

Comment

I'm happy, I have found a Wii play + extra nunchuk. Ordered and should be with me next week.
            Wii play is getting harder to find than the consoles.

Thanks John Lewis

Comment

How did the eBay sales go? Recouped the cost of your Wii yet?

Seems they've got wise to it and stopped shipping to UK addresses.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                I just go to work early, and leave for home early.
                I just go to work late to avoid the rush hour, leave late to go to the pub and mix with some non-geek people, and head back to the hotel very late to sleep. When I'm this far from home I might as well spend 10 hours a day in the office for the sake of an early finish on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  How did the eBay sales go? Recouped the cost of your Wii yet?

Seems they've got wise to it and stopped shipping to UK addresses.
                  4 sold yesterday, did quite well also. Apart from 1 person paid via echeque and I won't ship until it has cleared.
                  Got another 2 finishing tomorrow, and I'm going to list some on amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    4 sold yesterday, did quite well also. Apart from 1 person paid via echeque and I won't ship until it has cleared.
                    Got another 2 finishing tomorrow, and I'm going to list some on amazon.
                    Oh Monkey - you are a proper whealer and dealer

Good on ya!
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Oh Monkey - you are a proper whealer and dealer

Good on ya!
                      Got to keep earning... I've said I wouldn't do it again after a stressful time with concert tickets, but this was a shoe in.

Comment

Working...
                      X