• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I need to allow more time than just getting a taxi like I used to do.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      So I need to allow more time than just getting a taxi like I used to do.
      Is this cos of the new contract?
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        I know eventually my work will catch up with me and I'm gonna have to do it

I'm supposed to be checking whether or not a bug I fixed in one place impacts other parts of The Product (even though it's a logical impossibility that it could).

In doing so, I've found a bug which manifests itself on my dev server, but not on the QA or Production servers, despite the code being identical in all of those places

I'm trying to ignore it, but it's making my original task impossible to complete.

If I can just keep ignoring it till 1:00 then I can head for the motorway; Monday and Tuesday next week I'll be at a conference, and the rest of the week working from home

So hopefully it will have gone away by the time I'm back in the office

Comment

Is this cos of the new contract?
          Yes - new location, but still need to fly down. So rather than getting a taxi to Slough, I now need to get a train and underground to the office.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Yes - new location, but still need to fly down. So rather than getting a taxi to Slough, I now need to get a train and underground to the office.
            I hate that bleedin tube... it scares the tulip out of me...
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

I get it every day, it’s nose to armpit all the way- and nerve racking to boot!
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I hate that bleedin tube... it scares the tulip out of me...
                I was stood next to a bag on the tube yesterday morning, which I just assumed belonged to the person sat down in the first seat. It wasn't next to them, though, it was closer to the doors.

I was thinking - oh well, at least it will be quick.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

There was a bomb scare on the mainline train I was on over the summer.

They took us all off the train, and told us to stand on another platform.

So instead of being caught in a blast and going quickly, I'd have just got all the shrapnel from the train and windows right in the face instead.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    You should do something that scares you every day - I guess some people find it easier than others!!!
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      I walk to work, thank God.... so I don't have to travel with the great unwashed of Manchester on those peasant wagons, laughably known as public transport....
                      Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                      X