• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just watched I am legend while having lunch

Comment

How long should one wait between applying for a role and then following up with a call ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        How long should one wait between applying for a role and then following up with a call ?
        Did you apply electronically i.e. via email/web rather than by speaking to someone? If so, I'd call after 15-30 minutes on the premise of confirming that they received your application, then use that call to apply some charm and perhaps glean some more details on the role.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I hate to say it but I never follow up anymore. If there's the remotest chance of you making the pimp some money they'll be on the phone to you soon enough. On the other hand, if you do call you usually just get the "oh, he's on another call at the moment. can I get him to call you back?" anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            Did you apply electronically i.e. via email/web rather than by speaking to someone? If so, I'd call after 15-30 minutes on the premise of confirming that they received your application, then use that call to apply some charm and perhaps glean some more details on the role.
            Just called them and went through the role etc...

Need to strike while the iron is hot

Comment

Although, I did spend a few months on the bench this year so perhaps the last thing you should do is pay attention to me

Comment

agent seemed quite talkative and said they were going to forward me for the role.

they never even mentioned references...

Comment

time to go and do a bit of ironing before SWMBO comes home

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    I hate to say it but I never follow up anymore. If there's the remotest chance of you making the pimp some money they'll be on the phone to you soon enough. On the other hand, if you do call you usually just get the "oh, he's on another call at the moment. can I get him to call you back?" anyway.
                    There is that, but there's no harm in trying to raise your profile with the agency in an attempt to get your CV somewhere near the top of the pile, especially if there are going to be a lot of applicants for the role. I try to build a dialogue with the agency concerned as soon as possbile, assuming of course you can actually get to speak to someone.

Comment

Just called them and went through the role etc...

Need to strike while the iron is hot
                      Absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                      X