• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    A full-size Rhino?

But it's a tank!
    OK, so it's not a tank. It's only an armoured personnel carrier.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

OK, so it's not a tank. It's only an armoured personnel carrier.
      The diary of its construction.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

The diary of its construction.
        There is a video of it squashing cars but my "up to" 8Mb broadband is running at 1600 Kbps and it is stopping every few seconds to re-buffer making it unbearable to watch.

Comment

Oops - due to over-enthusiastic tapping of the "Download" button I now have a copy of Jerome K Jerome's Three Men on the Bummel translated into Catalan

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I can't find the power supply for my backup drive
            Many years ago I invested in a spiffy power supply. It provides about 10 different output voltages. It comes with 12 or 14 connectors each of which can be turned so as to provide reversed polarity.

It's a great gadget.

I bought it when a power adaptor got broken about 15 years ago.

The doobrie that holds the connectors went into one box of bits. The adaptor itself went into another.

Since then, the connectors and the adaptor have never been brought back together.

When we were packing up for this move, I came across each component so neither has been lost. But where they are now, I am not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Evenin' Zippy

Had a nice time, didn't get to traipse around cambridge as Mr Nor had a hangover (might have summat to do with the flight of wines accompanying the meal, as soon as I mentioned to the sommelier that I was interested in wines and also used to work as a sommelier, the glasses got a little too full )

You've got to watch those sommelier chappies as they'll try and flog you 400 quids worth of plonk if you're not careful
              Went to Cambridge for a weekend once and it was lovely. I was in the wrong company though ...
              I bet the Norpusses were glad to see you when you got back
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

What's Bagpuss playing at?

Comment

What's Bagpuss playing at?
                  Having a pop at SY01?
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I then faced the task of untangling it from the myriad other cables - the whole lot had been disturbed and mangled into a rats' nest when I was getting at the various broadband-related cables over the last couple of weekends
                    May I suggest investing in a pack of Velcro cable ties? Better than sliced bread, IMHO.

Comment

May I suggest investing in a pack of Velcro cable ties? Better than sliced bread, IMHO.
                      I've got some of those. They are in my cable box somewhere ...
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X