• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which is itself really (merely) a harbour on the edge of an inlet leading to the great open sea of drivel that stretches out as far as the mind can dream.

Comment

a tipple of drivel.

Comment

a droplet. a tiny droplet.

Comment

but these droplets add up do they not?

Comment

and yet there i stop. for it is time for another to dribble a drop or two.

Comment

Wibble
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                crikey there's a lot of it about! best tpd wishes to the family fitz.
                Thanks DS

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                and here we are reaching for 200,000
                Integer.MAX_VALUE's the limit!

Comment

I notice that, over in Technical, minestrone was hasty to slag me off for pointing out the root cause of his/her/its problems even though he/she/it never originally offered the background information that might have led me to express my opinions in a manner more suited to the situation in which he/she/it finds himself/herself/itself

As for the working solution to the original problem that I also posted (and even tested in IE 6)... gratitude? Wot's that?

I really don't know why people ask for working solutions and then ignore them. I'd PM the entity to let them know, but I'd probably just get abuse... either that or they'd cut out a crucial bit that they thought (from their position of not knowing how to do it in the first place) wasn't important and then complain that it didn't work

Ah well, the next time minestrone looks for help in Technical... well, I'll probably just help them anyway. But I'll still feel resentful, and that's not something I want to be made to feel

Comment

I say NickFitz - that was a bit harsh of Minestrone there. I spent 5 mins buggering about with it but couldn't be arsed after that. Glad I didn't bother now. It's a typical defensive reaction though.

I once worked with two 'web developers' who'd never heard of span tags(and didn't want to) - you can imagine what the stylesheets looked like. I got the job of trying to fix them

Well done anyway.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Hi Zippy

Yup, it did seem a bit over the top, but there we are - it's not worth losing sleep over

"Liverpool Crosby: Mist, 4 miles..."

That doesn't sound too bad - scenic, but you can see the container ship in plenty of time to avoid being run down by it

Anyway, the Shipping Forecast is over, the only things remaining unpacked are those I'll be wearing (clothes) or using (toiletries) in the morning, and I may even get some adulation for the first use-in-anger of my animation library tomorrow, when the relevant people update their stuff from Subversion

Only 7.25 billable hours to book in until the weekend - better get some sleep

Goodnight Zippy, and all other denizens, if any more there be

Comment

Working...
                      X