• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    got to wait 3 weeks before her jabs are complete and can go out for walks. mind you she's petrified of the outside at the moment - won't be long though before she's digging up the garden.
    Make sure the garden is escape proofed. Once she gets her confidence she'll be off like a shot if she see's or smells something interesting.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Short or long legged?

Had a short legged Jackie a few years ago and she was a right little terror. Lovely dog but very independant minded ,and prone to buggering off given half a chance.
      her mother was long but father was short - so we're not sure what is going to happen. our other dog is a cairn terrier <adopts posh accent> "finest pedigree don't you know. his father won crufts blah, blah" i prefer the heinz approach myself and pushed for a local family non professional litter.

they can be. sorry, make that will be very feisty - that is what terriers are all about but the bitches tend to be calmer and more loving. still expect her to be fiercely protective of cars/balls/stones though.

Comment

Make sure the garden is escape proofed. Once she gets her confidence she'll be off like a shot if she see's or smells something interesting.
        lol - alreday done that. the cairn terriers are world class garden destructors and escapees.

Comment

still expect her to be fiercely protective of cars/balls/stones though.
          I'm also fiercely protective of my balls

Comment

i like the combination of retriever dog an terrier (jack russelll) bitch. big and small, dark and light, soft and hard, loving and independent, clever and daft (can be daft and clever or daft and daft or clever and clever to though)

Comment

her mother was long but father was short - so we're not sure what is going to happen. our other dog is a cairn terrier <adopts posh accent> "finest pedigree don't you know. his father won crufts blah, blah" i prefer the heinz approach myself and pushed for a local family non professional litter.

they can be. sorry, make that will be very feisty - that is what terriers are all about but the bitches tend to be calmer and more loving. still expect her to be fiercely protective of cars/balls/stones though.
              Did he use a step ladder?

The protective thing can be sorted as long as you stop it early. Train her to hand over whatever she has without a fight when she's young and it will stick with her. If you expect her to do it, she will. If you don't let her start she won't.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Did he use a step ladder?
                where there's a will...

.... If you expect her to do it, she will. If you don't let her start she won't.

nods sagely - yes, you're right. you're right. we need to decide.

Comment

so daveb - whatya gonna get? eh?

Comment

only need a few more for te next personal century.

Comment

the even.

and i need a pee.

Comment

Working...
                      X