• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NickFtz went out for dinner three hours ago.

Big meal, or kid^H^H^H apenapped?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Interesting.

In a sort of way...

Dollis Hill, where Collossus was designed...
      Indeed

For years I only associated Dollis Hill with jokes in Private Eye, related to its proximity to Neasden. It was only much later that the truth was revealed: Dollis Hill was home to some pivotal moments in the technological history of the human race

There was also a bunker there for the Government to take refuge in during the Second World War.

I think it was Alan Coren who delighted in annoying his neighbours by stating (frequently) on Radio 4 that he lived in Cricklewood, when the neighbours all liked to tell people that they lived in "West Hampstead" because it sounded better - they were deprived of the opportunity of using him as a famous neighbour because of their own pretensions

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        NickFtz went out for dinner three hours ago.

Big meal, or kid^H^H^H apenapped?
        Hi RC

Just because dinner's over, it doesn't mean the bar is closed

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Ah the poor pooch!

Nothing worse than an animal in pain (ok maybe a baby!) - It's awful when they can't tell you whats up with them
          Nice use of the word "maybe" there

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Mine was the dirtiest kb.

Presumably because it gets the most use...

abuse

Comment

Yes. Lots.

Most users ever online was 673, 22nd April 2009 at 14:34.
              My birthday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                My birthday
                Gosh! So popular!

And you are, too.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Radio 4 is currently offering a biography of Muriel Spark as Book of the Week.

It just said of her mother that she once disturbed an intruder in the family home.

"From then on, she never allowed a day to pass without taking a drink, to 'steady her nerves'"

Any excuse in a storm

Comment

Gosh! So popular!

And you are, too.

Greetings, salutations, and felicitations

How goes it in the new hovel?

Comment

Some young lady from Africa wants me to pretend that she's my sister so she can get a load of money and give me a cut.

If, as would presumably be the case, photo ID is required, then there is an obvious flaw in her plan

Comment

Working...
                      X