• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The Cardinal Apollo Parnassius cardinal is a high altitude butterfly which is found in North Afghanistan and Tajikistan
    I own three, one of which I have trained to ride the unicycle

Comment

I just got a facebook message :-

Lee Mullen sent a message to the members of Save The Pump and Tap and Braunstone Gate Bridge! --------------------Subject: COME TO THE TOWN HALL TOMORROW! Hello all of you. To show our disgruntledness at the Council's desire to demolish the bridge, Me, the Civic Society and hopefully as many of you as is possible are going to the town hall, town hall square at 1 Pm tomorrow. Monday 3rd August. It is a show of strength, and won't take long.Please come, it's an open invitation, the Leicester Mercury will Photograph us. If we could get 200+ it would be great, so don't be shy.See you tomorrow,

===========================

I do hope there is a big turnout.

I wish I could be there, rather than heading to ClientOrg

+1 for Lee's use of the word "disgruntledness", although strictly speaking it should be "disgruntlement"

Comment

Mrs BP has gone to bed. She looked very tired.
        Had you been reading the entire contents of Wikipedia to her?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Sorry to hear about your local.

...A lot of the usual diligence phases in the process seemed to be skipped or "forgotten"...
          Cheers VF

It's odd how local authorities seem to completely ignore the views of local people when there's money to be made - although I'm sure the councillors adhere strictly to the rules about declaring an interest and withdrawing from related decision-making

Comment

Crescent Moon (未完の月, Mikan no Tsuki?) is the English title of the shōjo manga Mikan no Tsuki (literally An Incomplete Moon)), written by Haruko Iida in partnership with Red Company.
            The Moon is incomplete because we brought bits of it back to Earth during the Apollo programme.

A piece of Moon rock was exhibited at the museum in Liverpool in 1970. We had to queue for a couple of hours to see it, but it was worth it

My Dad (due to his job as a press officer with the council) met Buzz Aldrin, who came along to keep the rock company. He gave my Dad an Apollo badge to give to me, which I still have

Comment

Ouch!

Scourer deserved that one... but I suppose all's fair in love, war and TPD millennia

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Stay that way.

It is a CCG and they are more expensive and more addictive than a bad drug habit.

A 'friend' gave me my first deck. Before long I was playing regularly. When a dealer found me, he tried pushing a bunch of specials on me. Thankfully, I saw the light, gave him my 'starter deck' and walked away.

I've never touched the stuff since.

I've been clean of CCGs for nearly ten years now. There's no way I'm going back, man. That scene's just too crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Ouch!

Scourer deserved that one... but I suppose all's fair in love, war and TPD millennia

You didn't say that at the 50k.......

VF did drivel along the way. And faqqer notes 999 and 001 so I got 2 prizes instead of 1.......

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Had you been reading the entire contents of Wikipedia to her?
                    If I had I would not have been posting. I would have been in hospital having the laptop removed.

Comment

Ah yes, that was the other thing I was going to mention about the local Scalextric circuit - James May spent a day there a couple of weeks ago recording some stuff for his new "toys" series. They have photos of him all over the walls
                      So thats why there was a news report on the radio about him building a 2 storey lego house.....

Comment

Working...
                      X