• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like I may have to select some IRFD110 fets for low Vgs(th) though.

Which brings back memories, most of them not altogether happy...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Its nearly lunch time..............
      Wot is this "nearly" of which you speak?

I had mine an hour ago...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Nah.

The IRFD110 fets I was using weren't turned on (oooooer mrs) hard enough with 5V on the gate, giving about 2V or so Vds... much too high... much hotness...

Bunging a 1n4148 on the gnd lead of the 7805 regulator increased the rail voltage to 5.5V & lo! 23 out of 24 fets are turned on hard(er)... .48V (ish) Vds, so much less hotness...

I was worried for a bit there.

I've also created a monstrous raw DC psu for the lamps out of a 120W 12V toroidal and a couple of 70A diodes I found in my predeceased predessor's junk box.

A Cunning Plan seems (at the moment) to be coming together...

So when all the lights go out in Cardiff and the building vanishes up it's own fundament, we know who to blame
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

So when all the lights go out in Cardiff and the building vanishes up it's own fundament, we know who to blame
          Yeah, Tesla...

Comment

I am now eating my lunch : was I purchased from Tescos.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I am now eating my lunch : was I purchased from Tescos.
              Dunno, have you checked your label? More importantly, did Mrs BP keep the reciept?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

hello

Comment

Afternoon chaps...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Dunno, have you checked your label? More importantly, did Mrs BP keep the reciept?

I think I need a lie down........

Comment

I must do some w*rk

Comment

Working...
                      X