• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

As soon as Top Gear is finished I am off to bed.

Comment

Comment

On a positive note, I've managed to find my pass for ClientOrg

The laptop bag from the conference was so good that I've started using it as my full-time bag. About half-way to Cambridge last week, I realised that my pass was still in my 2007 bag, which I had been using heretofore (the 2008 bag being not quite as good).

This meant that I had to be issued with a temporary paper badge which required me to use only the main entrance, and be let in and out of the visitors' gate by the reception staff swiping a special card, every time I wanted to get in or out of the building

I assume the reception staff weren't quite as annoyed by this as I was (it is their job, after all) but the inconvenience, combined with the guilt I felt at adding to their onerous duties, resulted in last week being one of nagging irritation for me

The pass is now safely tucked away in the new bag, ready for next week. Unfortunately, I've just remembered that it expired at the end of June (my original contract end date); and I very much doubt that the relevant manager remembered to submit the relevant form to the relevant department to extend its validity when the contract was extended

Ah well, once they get an email from The Authorised Person, it only takes them a few days to check it and update their premises security system - there's every likelihood the pass will be working again come Friday

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

But I thought the original was Xanadu by Rush?

Did I have a wasted teenage years?
            I thought it was from a Frankie goes to Hollywood song.

You'll be telling me next that Iron Maiden didn't write the original Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

Comment

I think we can safely assume I'm not getting any sleep tonight.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Good morning all!

Morning CM!

Comment

Morning all
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Morning all

Rain is torrential here at the moment...

but hey!

It was dry on the way in...

Comment

morning

Comment

Working...
                      X