• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Zeity - I saw Terminator Salvation last night. Not as awful as I'd been hearing, but generally just a bit 'meh' I thought.
    Thanks for the review...

Evening all

Manky weather, what?
    Last edited by zeitghost; 6 June 2009, 21:53.

Comment

Byeee

Comment

Greetings denizens

I just had some right twonk at the front door. He was one of a group, all drunk, though he was apparently more drunk - or at least more obnoxious - than the rest.

I'd literally just got in when the doorbell went. Going down, I found him there asking for somebody called "Martin" who he thought might live in flat 2. I suggested that he might want to try ringing the bell for flat 2 if that was where he was headed... but at this point another voice joined the chorus, being from somebody trying the bells next door

I assumed from this that they didn't actually know which house they wanted, so I asked them what address they were looking for. For some reason, this provoked the guy into a rambling disquisition which culminated in him asking my name. I told him that was none of his business, and he then started heaping abuse on me, until his brain finally managed to dredge up the tired old idea of calling me "Dick Head".

By now his friends were encouraging him to leave with them, having apparently abandoned their search for this "Martin" chap. However he was now so keen on giving me verbal abuse that he took some coaxing before he went away with them.

As he finally left, I noticed that one of his mates was pissing on the garden path by the gate, so I gave him a piece of my mind and received more abuse in return.

I hope that this person they were seeking isn't one of the new tenants who have recently arrived to replace those who were taken away in ignominy when their cannabis farm was discovered. Everything about this pack of louts suggested that they were looking for a dealer, and although I firmly believe in decriminalisation of drugs as the only sensible starting point on the path to a solution to the social problems caused thereby, I'm afraid that if scum like that start turning up at all hours of the day and night I shall have to do something.

We've only just got rid of one lot who, though not a problem for the most part, ended up bringing gang warfare down upon the place. If there's any suggestion of things going that way again, I won't hesitate to take appropriate action.

Of course if they'd just decriminalise - or better still, legalise and legitimise - things there wouldn't be any need for all this crap. I very much resent the fact that all of Society has to suffer because a few politicians are afraid of (or actually believe in) the garbage spouted in the editorial pages of The Sun and the Daily Mail

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Greetings denizens

I just had some right twonk at the front door. He was one of a group, all drunk, though he was apparently more drunk - or at least more obnoxious - than the rest.

I'd literally just got in when the doorbell went. Going down, I found him there asking for somebody called "Martin" who he thought might live in flat 2. I suggested that he might want to try ringing the bell for flat 2 if that was where he was headed... but at this point another voice joined the chorus, being from somebody trying the bells next door

I assumed from this that they didn't actually know which house they wanted, so I asked them what address they were looking for. For some reason, this provoked the guy into a rambling disquisition which culminated in him asking my name. I told him that was none of his business, and he then started heaping abuse on me, until his brain finally managed to dredge up the tired old idea of calling me "Dick Head".

By now his friends were encouraging him to leave with them, having apparently abandoned their search for this "Martin" chap. However he was now so keen on giving me verbal abuse that he took some coaxing before he went away with them.

As he finally left, I noticed that one of his mates was pissing on the garden path by the gate, so I gave him a piece of my mind and received more abuse in return.

I hope that this person they were seeking isn't one of the new tenants who have recently arrived to replace those who were taken away in ignominy when their cannabis farm was discovered. Everything about this pack of louts suggested that they were looking for a dealer, and although I firmly believe in decriminalisation of drugs as the only sensible starting point on the path to a solution to the social problems caused thereby, I'm afraid that if scum like that start turning up at all hours of the day and night I shall have to do something.

We've only just got rid of one lot who, though not a problem for the most part, ended up bringing gang warfare down upon the place. If there's any suggestion of things going that way again, I won't hesitate to take appropriate action.

Of course if they'd just decriminalise - or better still, legalise and legitimise - things there wouldn't be any need for all this crap. I very much resent the fact that all of Society has to suffer because a few politicians are afraid of (or actually believe in) the garbage spouted in the editorial pages of The Sun and the Daily Mail
          You should have just shot them all. Society as a whole would have benefited.

Pleased you did not include the Telegraph in your list!

Comment

Raining very heavily in LOndon.

Comment

thunder and serious rain thisam. bit lighter now though.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Greetings denizens

I just had some right twonk at the front door. He was one of a group, all drunk, though he was apparently more drunk - or at least more obnoxious - than the rest.....
                be careful out there fitzy. crazies can do crazy things when they get angry. do you do kung fu?

Comment

gonna be a grim old wet day today then.

Comment

or will it brighten up?

Comment

time for mario kart!

Comment

Working...
                      X