• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Rohypnol
    Piriton...

Or Alereze...

I forget which it was...

Comment

I do somehow get the impression that bonking doesn't come very high on her list of activities...

Comment

Byeeee

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          You or the offspring?
          Beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            I do somehow get the impression that bonking doesn't come very high on her list of activities...
            The uninterested ones tend to be the most... shall we say "enthusiastic" once they get a taste for such activities

YMMV

Comment

I read this story somewhere many years ago; I can't remember where, although it may well have been in the Readers Digest some time in the Seventies.

For some reason I was just reminded of it, and TPD seems like as good a place as any to record it
              Back in the heyday of the Great Western Railway (the story goes) the son of one of the Directors was brought into the company after his time at University. Universities (both of them) being what they were in those days, said son naturally had no idea of any of the realities of what made a railway run, whether on time or otherwise.

He was therefore given a year, during which he would go about the business, examining whatever he chose and asking whatever questions might seem meet, after which he was expected to come back with an idea of how the company might save some money.

When his year was up, he had one idea.
              "Everything has the name of the company - Great Western Railway - on it: it's cast into the train wheels, it's stamped into the cutlery in the restaurant cars, it's woven into the antimacassars in the carriages.

"Wouldn't it be cheaper to just use the initials - 'GWR'?"

Supposedly, this simple step saved them tens of thousands (probably equivalent to a million or more nowadays) a year, as well as greatly enhancing their brand by giving people a simple TLA by which to refer to the company

Anyway, haze at Liverpool Crosby (four miles visibility) so it must be time to say goodnight

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I read this story somewhere many years ago; I can't remember where, although it may well have been in the Readers Digest some time in the Seventies.

For some reason I was just reminded of it, and TPD seems like as good a place as any to record it
                  Back in the heyday of the Great Western Railway (the story goes) the son of one of the Directors was brought into the company after his time at University. Universities (both of them) being what they were in those days, said son naturally had no idea of any of the realities of what made a railway run, whether on time or otherwise.

He was therefore given a year, during which he would go about the business, examining whatever he chose and asking whatever questions might seem meet, after which he was expected to come back with an idea of how the company might save some money.

When his year was up, he had one idea.
                  "Everything has the name of the company - Great Western Railway - on it: it's cast into the train wheels, it's stamped into the cutlery in the restaurant cars, it's woven into the antimacassars in the carriages.

"Wouldn't it be cheaper to just use the initials - 'GWR'?"

Supposedly, this simple step saved them tens of thousands (probably equivalent to a million or more nowadays) a year, as well as greatly enhancing their brand by giving people a simple TLA by which to refer to the company

Anyway, haze at Liverpool Crosby (four miles visibility) so it must be time to say goodnight
                  Rolls Royce aerospace used to put all their graduates on solving a problem to which the company already had a solution. 20% of the time they came up with a better way!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    You or the offspring?

Comment

Good morning all!

Morning CM!

Comment

Working...
                      X