• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time: 27' 02"
    Pace: 10:38 min/mi
    Distance: 2.53 mi
    Calories: 264

meh....
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Not sure I'm going to crack this...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Still, getting my Garmin 405 on Friday.

We'll see what's going on then...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I hope you called the police.....
          While I was waiting I walked up the road for a haircut (I had been planning to stop in for a trim on my way to the motorway) at a place a few doors up from the local Police station. However, I figured the miscreant parker would be gone when I got back (they weren't) and that the Police probably had other, weightier matters to attend to (they probably did).

However, at ClientOrg, one chap asserted that if somebody parks on the Queen's Highway so as to block your drive such that you can't get in then there's nothing to be done - you have no right of ingress to private property. However if somebody does so such that you can't get out then they have illegally restricted your access to the Queen's Highway and action can be taken by Her Majesty's Constables

Of course HINAL (He Is Not A Lawyer), but if that dozy twonk returns and pulls the same stunt, I may run the idea past the coppers. With a bit of luck they won't be certain of the law either, and will just get the thing hauled away to the pound "to prevent a Breach of the Peace" (or one of the other standard excuses they use for doing stuff when they're not sure they're allowed to)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Did not go to clientco today : I was ill.

Get Well Soon <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              The Beiderbeck Connection was on ITVx this evening...

Where x is a number between 2 & 4.
              I noticed that when I first turned on the telly in the hotel bedroom - it had been left tuned to said channel.

Shame really; I only ever caught the odd bit of that but always though it seemed to be good, so now they repeat it at a time when I can't watch it

I wouldn't mind seeing that A Very Peculiar Practice sometime, either - my Dad would play the odd episode on VHS, and I caught the occasional repeat, but I wouldn't mind seeing it all.

Time to search for DVDs on Amazon I suppose.

FWIW, a scene or two from one of the Beiderbecke (, BTW) series (The Beiderbecke Affair, a quick Google says) was filmed at the Town Hall of that place in Yorkshire wherein I found myself labouring earlier in the year.

Greggs is just over the road and up a bit from said Town Hall, although the butcher's that did some nice pies was slightly further up the hill - maybe five or six shops further

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Not many people around this time of night..

Anyway, time for the weather reports from coastal stations - we're already at St Catherine's Point Automatic, so it's time for me to crash - oops, Scilly Automatic now - bye for now denizens - Valley now; Liverpool Crosby has no precipitation

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Not many people around this time of night..
                    It used to be posting all night on tpd. Until the post counts were stolen.....

Comment

Good morning all!

Morning CM!

Comment

Working...
                      X