• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and chuck in the bin

Comment

and cover up with something else so that nobody knows what it was that you did.

Comment

Bells on Sunday - I always forget about that

Still, it's stopped now and we're on to the Shipping Forecast

"Continuous moderate rain..."

I prefer "Continuous light drizzle" but there doesn't seem to be much of that about tonight

And I remember when such places as "Channel Light Vessel" didn't have "Automatic" appended to their names.

There was something special about lying in one's bed, snug against the rain beating on the windows, hearing the report from Channel Light Vessel, knowing that the men (and in those days they were always men, what with it being the Seventies) of Trinity House were out there in the unforgiving sea, letting us know what hails and gales were besetting their tiny beacon

Still, I daresay the men and women of Trinity House would much rather be at home in bed, letting the "Automatic" bits do the dirty work; and who can blame them.

Years ago I had a friend whose father had been a lighthouse keeper. By the time she was getting old enough to leave home, and he was getting to retirement age, they - the family - were living in a lovely lighthouse on a clifftop somewhere in Scotland. She had photos of it in her living room; it was glorious, at least in the summer when she took the photos.

They were the last family to live there; it was converted to automatic operation when they were there, ready to be switched over when her Dad retired.

I believe there are no longer any manned lighthouses or lightships around the coast of Britain.

Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis.
        Last edited by NickFitz; 18 May 2009, 00:20.

Comment

"New ELVIS PRESLEY record release"

That's got to be the most pathetic phishing/virus spam I've ever received.

Everybody knows Elvis is far too busy frying haddock to make new records

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
            who cares?
            DS23
            TPDeity

century

Comment

I see DS23 has been in full drivel mode!

Comment

BrilloPad 22,440
                zeitghost 17,662
                cailin maith 12,923
                voodooflux 12,028
                Diver 11,091
                BrowneIssue 10,535
                DS23 10,137
                NickFitz 10,021
                TheFaQQer 9,670
                FiveTimes 7,641

Well done DS23 for getting 7th place

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Morning all
                    Good morning BP!

Morning all!

Morning CM!

For all those interested in CM's 10k yesterday I shall let her give you all a "Blow by Blow" account.

Comment

Morning drivellers
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X