• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobsyouruncle View Post

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      For some reason or other, I was programming in

VB....

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

My nightmare was not as bad. I was only being tortured and murdered......

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I believe your birthday is Wednesday? Just before St Georges day and just after the queen?

I believe tomorrow is hitlers birthday
          Correct

Comment

I've just been tending to the car. I got all the tyre pressures up to spec, topped up the oil, then drove down to fill up with petrol.

On the way, two cars collided right in front of me as we were pulling away from a set of lights

There are four lanes at the junction: lane 1 is left and ahead, lane 2 is ahead only, lane 3 is ahead and right, and lane 4 is right only. All very straightforward, and clearly marked out with overhead signs, roadside signs and road markings. Yet nine times out of ten there's some imbecile in lane 2 who turns right. Today, said imbecile did so despite the fact that there was a car alongside him in lane 3 which was going straight ahead, and he ploughed straight into the side of it with the offside front corner of his car

As he was only commencing the turn, his car bounced off and ended up facing ahead again, as did the car he hit.

We'd only got up to around twenty, and I've seen and been involved in so many near-misses at that junction that I'm always particularly cautious there, so I was able to stop comfortably about three or four yards short of where they came to rest in front of me. Nobody was hurt: just dents and broken lights.

I would have got out to check everybody was OK, but then the bloke stopped next to me in lane 2 started gesticulating at me asking me to get out of the way because - you guessed it - he wanted to turn right

I went around the roundabout and when I got back to the scene the drivers were exchanging details and so forth; so I went on my way.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I've just been tending to the car. I got all the tyre pressures up to spec, topped up the oil, then drove down to fill up with petrol.

On the way, two cars collided right in front of me as we were pulling away from a set of lights

There are four lanes at the junction: lane 1 is left and ahead, lane 2 is ahead only, lane 3 is ahead and right, and lane 4 is right only. All very straightforward, and clearly marked out with overhead signs, roadside signs and road markings. Yet nine times out of ten there's some imbecile in lane 2 who turns right. Today, said imbecile did so despite the fact that there was a car alongside him in lane 3 which was going straight ahead, and he ploughed straight into the side of it with the offside front corner of his car

As he was only commencing the turn, his car bounced off and ended up facing ahead again, as did the car he hit.

We'd only got up to around twenty, and I've seen and been involved in so many near-misses at that junction that I'm always particularly cautious there, so I was able to stop comfortably about three or four yards short of where they came to rest in front of me. Nobody was hurt: just dents and broken lights.

I would have got out to check everybody was OK, but then the bloke stopped next to me in lane 2 started gesticulating at me asking me to get out of the way because - you guessed it - he wanted to turn right

I went around the roundabout and when I got back to the scene the drivers were exchanging details and so forth; so I went on my way.
              Personally I would have stopped to give my details. An independent witness makes sorting out the insurance alot quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Personally I would have stopped to give my details. An independent witness makes sorting out the insurance alot quicker.
                I would have done, but we were in the middle of a major junction involving two motorways and there wasn't anywhere I could safely park up. I went round the block and headed back there a few minutes later from a direction that would have allowed me to stop safely, but they'd already gone.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I would have done, but we were in the middle of a major junction involving two motorways and there wasn't anywhere I could safely park up. I went round the block and headed back there a few minutes later from a direction that would have allowed me to stop safely, but they'd already gone.
                  ahhh then it is rather their fault then.

the chap who was innocent made a big error : the guilty driver could make up some nonsense.

Comment

I am now watching Top Gear on BBC2.

Comment

Mrs BP is watching come dine with me on C4 in the rear extension.

Comment

Working...
                      X