• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Further update on the desk move

It has now been decided, presumably on the basis of an appeal to senior authority, which department gets to perform the move.

The winner is, of course, the department that can't do it until the weekend, rather then the department that can do it immediately
    We recently had a load of desk moves canned as people were not allowed to move themselves!

Clientco is wrapped in red tape......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      We recently had a load of desk moves canned as people were not allowed to move themselves!

Clientco is wrapped in red tape......
      No sooner had I posted that than the move happened - I suspect the second department decided to just do it anyway

Comment

No sooner had I posted that than the move happened - I suspect the second department decided to just do it anyway
        I bet you get moved back later.......

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          For the ladies.

(Here goes nothing Bunk )
          Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Give it time. It should be worth it in the end
          You'll have to wait a couple of minutes, CM has gone to make a cup of tea.

Comment

One contract I had, the desks had been delivered in flat-packs. There were a few of us contractors who started on the same day so we began to build our desks.

The technical director walked past the office and then complained to our line manager asking "Why are we paying them so much to build desks?".

Our line-manager dutifully came to tell us to stop building our desks and wait for the buildings maintenance people to put them together.

I replied "So, rather than pay us to build our desks you would rather pay us for doing nothing then?".

Needless to say they let us build our desks.
            Last edited by Churchill; 15 April 2009, 14:27.

Comment

For the ladies.

(Here goes nothing Bunk )
              Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              Give it time. It should be worth it in the end

Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Worth the wait
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Worth the wait
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Gah!

I thought up a really sneaky test for an extremely unlikely edge condition. Sure enough it failed

Then I remembered that I had to fix the code so it didn't fail

If I'd never created the test, it's very unlikely anybody would ever have encountered the bug anyway

Back to work...

Comment

I've done it again

Comment

Working...
                      X